After Shooting, Police Distrust Widens in Brooklyn Neighborhood

Started by garbon, March 13, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You create a spectacle loud enough to attract the attention of passersby, it's a disturbance of the peace.
You do it willfully to make a point about cops because you're an agitating cunt, it's a douchebaggedly stupid disturbance of the peace.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:33:19 AM
You create a spectacle loud enough to attract the attention of passersby, it's a disturbance of the peace.
You do it willfully to make a point about cops because you're an agitating cunt, it's a douchebaggedly stupid disturbance of the peace.

Clearly the courts didn't think it was worth their time. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:37:16 AM

They never do.  They're disposable charges.  Just like assaulting a police officer.  BB fucks cops over every day on that one.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:39:08 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:37:16 AM

They never do.  They're disposable charges.  Just like assaulting a police officer.  BB fucks cops over every day on that one.

I like how you're trying to twist this into feeling bad for cops.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:40:16 AM
I like how you're trying to twist this into feeling bad for cops.

I'm not.  But I'm certainly not going to get twisted into feeling bad for somebody getting themselves locked up on purpose.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:30:44 AM
Yeah pretty offensive that someone might voice an opinion in public.

Do you actually buy her story at face value?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 14, 2013, 03:06:06 PM

Why not?  When someone says "I didn't do nuffin'" you can take that to the bank.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2013, 03:19:41 PM

Why not?  When someone says "I didn't do nuffin'" you can take that to the bank.

If you are a grammatically aware cop, you can take it as a confession:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

No but again it doesn't seem like whatever she did was particularly important due to charges being dropped. As a taxpayer, sounds like a waste of funds all around.

11B4V

Quote from: Malthus on March 14, 2013, 03:23:23 PM

If you are a grammatically aware cop, you can take it as a confession:P

that statement would be dripping with guilt.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

CountDeMoney

"These aren't my pants."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
No but again it doesn't seem like whatever she did was particularly important due to charges being dropped. As a taxpayer, sounds like a waste of funds all around.

Blame the lawyers.

garbon

Why? Nothing would have happened had they not arrested her.