Would you consider your spouse getting fat a good reason for divorce?

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 13, 2013, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he/she wasn't fat when you married.

Yes
30 (60%)
No
13 (26%)
I'll have a Jumbo Jack with extra ketchup, large fries and a Diet Coke
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2013, 12:11:13 AM
So, what's the consensus?  Good reason or not?

The concession is yes it's alright to leave a spouse, though Meri argues it's only okay to leave a husband in such a situation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: stjaba on March 21, 2013, 07:54:51 PM
For the ladies (and gay men): Is penis size a deal breaker?

http://gawker.com/5991760/size-does-matter-to-woman-who-divorced-her-husband-over-irreconcilable-penis-length

QuoteA woman in Taiwan recently divorced her husband, citing irreconcilable differences. Namely, the difference between what she expected his penis size to be, and what it ultimately was.

The couple, identified as Zhang and Zhou, met about five years ago, and dated for five months before deciding to tie the knot.

Zhou, a 55-year-old civil servant, allegedly refused to have sex before marriage, claiming he believed in one of those religions where premarital sex is a sin.

But come their wedding night, Zhang realized she probably should have insisted on trying before buying.

"His penis is so small, like a kid's, only 5cm [2"] long," the 52-year-old told a local paper.

Worse still for Zhang — who says she was promised sex at least three times a week — her new husband was also impotent. "We quarreled the whole night and I asked him to seek treatment," she said.

The two immediately separated, but tried to make it work several times since with little luck. Eventually, Zhang filed for divorce, and Zhou gave up any effort to salvage his marriage.

For his part, Zhou says his erectile dysfunction isn't even medical — it's elective.

"I prefer to have sex in the morning but she wanted it around midnight, by then I would be very tired," he is quoted as saying.

A similar case involving a Taiwanese woman who had filed for divorce over her husband penis size made headlines four years ago.

In that instance, however, the court rejected the woman's request, saying penis size was "very subjective."

Sure. I've encountered men with massive ones that I'm like no, don't want that sticking into anything.  Same with the too small ones. Really, you gotta expect people are going to be a regular Goldicocks and want it just right.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Are lousy kegel muscles a dealbreaker?  Discuss.

I'm gonna say that if you haven't seen someone's dick by the time you're married to them, you're doing it wrong.  But, with modern technology, perhaps you can supplement your unfortunate penis cybernetically.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I didn't know it was even possible for an adult one to be only two inches long. Damn. Poor guy. 
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 21, 2013, 08:33:38 PM
I didn't know it was even possible for an adult one to be only two inches long. Damn. Poor guy.

Well, he was impotent so she never saw it at full size.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2013, 08:25:47 PM
Are lousy kegel muscles a dealbreaker?  Discuss.

I'm gonna say that if you haven't seen someone's dick by the time you're married to them, you're doing it wrong.

Hell yes. :blink:

I see what happened though. The guy knew there would be this reaction and the two were both desperate unmarried 50 somethings (you'd think the desperation would have expired and moved into acceptance by then) who dashed into it.
██████
██████
██████

stjaba

As an interesting follow up, I've heard unconfirmed reports out of Gainesville that my obese ex girlfriend has lost so much weight that she is apparently unrecognizable.  On one hand my attitude is like  :glare: since she never tried when we were together. On the other hand if she hadn't ballooned, it would have been much harder to break up with her. Ultimately regardless of her weight, we needed to break up.

assuming its true she lost weight, I feel bad for the next guy she dates. May he have more patience than I....

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: stjaba on April 01, 2013, 11:59:47 AM
As an interesting follow up, I've heard unconfirmed reports out of Gainesville that my obese ex girlfriend has lost so much weight that she is apparently unrecognizable.  On one hand my attitude is like  :glare: since she never tried when we were together. On the other hand if she hadn't ballooned, it would have been much harder to break up with her. Ultimately regardless of her weight, we needed to break up.

assuming its true she lost weight, I feel bad for the next guy she dates. May he have more patience than I....

I had a serious girlfriend in the mid to late 90s that was not fat IMO but slightly on the full-figured side.  I was plenty attracted to her at the time (though with hindsight I'm not sure I understand why), but a year or so after I broke up with her I saw her out and she was skinny-- and much hotter than she was before.  I kind of felt insulted that she didn't feel the need to look that good while we dated & was going to sort of half-seriously give her shit for it-- until I found out that she had come down with a serious case of the shingles that put her out of work for several weeks and obviously caused her to lose a lot of weight :lol:

Going by Facebook, she now weighs more than she ever did.  Maybe her cake artist hobby/side business wasn't the best idea :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

stjaba

If it is true that she lost weight, the last thing I would want to do is see her in person. Id hate to backslide.

MIM,

Theres no question breaking up was the catalyst. If there's one  thing that motivates women, its the fear of being alone .

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 01, 2013, 12:09:05 PM
Hey maybe the breakup was the catalyst she needed.

Yeah, maybe Saint Jabba was the problem after all.  :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: stjaba on April 01, 2013, 12:51:10 PM
If it is true that she lost weight, the last thing I would want to do is see her in person. Id hate to backslide.
Just focus on those fucked-up cutting scars and you'll be ok. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points