News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Drunk Driver Sues Friend, 2 Restaurants

Started by 11B4V, March 09, 2013, 01:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

:huh: My Tim moment for the day.

http://www.newser.com/story/164119/drunk-driver-sues-friend-2-restaurants.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_3_2

Quote(AP) – A repeat drunken driver convicted in a crash that killed two teenagers is suing his drinking buddy and two Santa Fe restaurants that served him alcohol. James Ruiz filed suit in New Mexico District Court this week, seeking monetary damages from the friend he was out drinking with as well as Applebee's and the Blue Corn Cafe. The lawsuit, filed by Ruiz without a lawyer, claims the restaurants and his friend caused Ruiz emotional distress when he was served drinks in 2010.

Police say Ruiz rammed his truck into a car and killed two teenage sisters from the Navajo reservation. He is serving a 40-year prison sentence after entering a guilty plea in 2011. Neither restaurant has commented on the lawsuit. The Albuquerque Journal has more.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

40 years for drunk driving?  This guy must really have been worthless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

What's the deal with Hispandexes and drunk driving? Seems like most times there's a weird DUI story like this, the dude has a Spanish surname.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Since when are lawsuits for over-serving news? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2013, 02:17:55 PM
What's the deal with Hispandexes and drunk driving? Seems like most times there's a weird DUI story like this, the dude has a Spanish surname.

Don't have cars when they're younger?