ACLU Launches Nationwide Police Militarization Investigation

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2013, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 08, 2013, 02:29:21 PM
The Brady Bill is just the required background check, Seedy.  You're thinking of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and the cutoff was 10 rounds.

Ah, that's right.  I remember buying my .45 and it came with only 7 round magazines because, well, it was a .45.  D'oh.

Did you have it retrofitted with a cylinder?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 05:12:31 PM
Did you have it retrofitted with a cylinder?

:P  No, but using speed loaders for it is a real bitch.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 05:08:11 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2013, 05:00:19 PM
Or is this just you finding the idea of its repeal so incredible that you like to mention it regardless?

Pretty much, yeah.  Prevents me from wasting much time listening to your opinions if that's what you ultimately think should happen.

Meh, I think it would be best - I know it won't ever actually happen. Too many people with an emotional response (like yours) to the very idea.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 05:19:53 PM
Yep, that's me.  Mr. Emotional.

When it comes to those wonderful, beautiful guns? Oh yeah.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: ulmont on March 08, 2013, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 04:01:16 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 02:40:13 PM
Plus that only applied to the guns as sold.  My Glock 17 came with a 10-round magazine but in a separate transaction I bought a couple 17-round mags off the shelf in the same store.

Interesting. I bought my FNP-9 in 2005 and it came with two 16 round mags.

...which was after the ban had expired in 2004.

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 04:00:10 PM

There were lots of large capacity magazines available back then though (1998) and I could swear that somehow they were still being manufactured or imported using some sort of loophole. 

Large capacity magazines were produced feverishly before the ban actually kicked in.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles1/173405.txt

aH HA THANKS
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

My oh my, the internet rage is strong in this one.

You never made any argument for me, as I don't require your assistance in demolishing your own strawman.

But keep on with the rage. It suits you better than your strawman building.

No rage.  :lol: You just keep exposing your disingenuous character. You are the only one who presented a strawman "musket boy". Then tried to use the usual Berkut tactic and got called. Yes, I helped you destroy your strawman. Your welcome. 

Oh please.

You claim I say something.

I say I didn't say that.

You insist that I did - I state unequivocally that I do not believe such a thing, and that it is stupid.

You continue to bleat and swear and get super internet enraged that I so totally do think that...and for what reason...?

I showed what you stated. You wont admit it. Your character flaw.

Yawn. At least you got some Raz internet points - congrats on that.

Dont understand what the internet point thing is. Explain please since it seems so important to you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2013, 04:13:09 PM
I imagine the military treats them as semi-discardable anyway. 

Which always raised an eyebrow to me.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 06:13:00 PM

Why?  Do you ever see a guy in any movie put spent clips in the pocket, and then refill them once he got home after a gunfight?  Hell, half of them treat the guns themselves as discardable once they run out of ammo.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2013, 06:17:28 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 06:13:00 PM

Why?  Do you ever see a guy in any movie put spent clips in the pocket, and then refill them once he got home after a gunfight?  Hell, half of them treat the guns themselves as discardable once they run out of ammo.

Please dont be that dense. I am not talking in a firefight or even in theater :lol:. CONUS and back in garrison.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2013, 05:25:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 05:19:53 PM
Yep, that's me.  Mr. Emotional.

When it comes to those wonderful, beautiful guns? Oh yeah.

No, sir. Being emotional is more your thing.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 03:29:40 PM
It would appear that this debate needs Raz to come down from high and choose a winner.  I pick the gun nuts.  My will be done. :pope:

Raz, I careless about winning or losing, scoring internet points (whatever the fuck that is)  :lmfao:. Apparently it's important to Berkut at any cost, to include his character.

You guys know that while I enjoy poking you guys with your gun fixation, I'm not really for gun control.  It's in the Constitution and I don't like fucking with that document.  Besides, I remember 1992, I remember those Korean shop owners in LA.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 03:29:40 PM
It would appear that this debate needs Raz to come down from high and choose a winner.  I pick the gun nuts.  My will be done. :pope:

Raz, I careless about winning or losing, scoring internet points (whatever the fuck that is)  :lmfao:. Apparently it's important to Berkut at any cost, to include his character.

Besides, I remember 1992, I remember those Korean shop owners in LA.

Yippers. getting ready to go all kimchi on some brothers.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I went to happy hour with a Korean dude.  He's a prevert and has 8 total fingers.  Funny as hell, though.