Gay and transsexual lawmakers take front seats in Polish parliament

Started by Martinus, March 06, 2013, 12:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2013, 06:22:31 PM
This little hijack does make me wonder how much of the image of gay people being effeminate is a cultural cant from the days when they were more underground and had to spot each other somehow and how much is genuine. As certainly more effeminate guys tend to be gay than straight. Or is it just that the effeminate straights have to put on more of a macho image. hmm.....

I dont know but a lot of effeminate guys I thought were gay are straight and visa versa.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2013, 07:15:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 12:51:15 PM
That's a very small and not representative sample. ;)
Yeah. And I'm English :mellow:

I totally forgot that but yes! That's a significant factor in "passing" for straight. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2013, 06:22:31 PM
This little hijack does make me wonder how much of the image of gay people being effeminate is a cultural cant from the days when they were more underground and had to spot each other somehow and how much is genuine. As certainly more effeminate guys tend to be gay than straight. Or is it just that the effeminate straights have to put on more of a macho image. hmm.....

Well we still have to "spot" each other as it were as there's little valor in coming onto a straight guy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

I totally forgot that but yes! That's a significant factor in "passing" for straight. :D

:hmm: That's interesing, because when I think of non-faggy homosexualists, the first (only?) person that comes to mind is Andrew Sullivan.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 09:36:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

:hmm: That's interesing, because when I think of non-faggy homosexualists, the first (only?) person that comes to mind is Andrew Sullivan.

Did the whole bear thing breeze past you?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2013, 09:36:31 PM

It is kinda tough to discern between "gay" and "English" at times.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2013, 09:46:57 PM
From an English perspective he is very, very gay :lol:
I think a lot of heteros don't "get" that look. Remember when fahdiz was surprised when he shaved his head and started wearing a designer goatee - and we told him he looks gay?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2013, 05:18:29 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2013, 09:46:57 PM
From an English perspective he is very, very gay :lol:
I think a lot of heteros don't "get" that look. Remember when fahdiz was surprised when he shaved his head and started wearing a designer goatee - and we told him he looks gay?
I don't just mean his look I mean his whole manner and his plummy voice.

I'm in no position to throw stones on this but he's very gay.
Let's bomb Russia!