Gay and transsexual lawmakers take front seats in Polish parliament

Started by Martinus, March 06, 2013, 12:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 06, 2013, 12:50:09 PM
Using Languish as an example, I would say that the only gay here that can pass for normal is Shielbh.

That's a very small and not representative sample. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 06, 2013, 12:50:09 PM
Using Languish as an example, I would say that the only gay here that can pass for normal is Shielbh.
That's a very small and not representative sample. ;)
That's true, but they're also the only gays that I would ever know, aside from a couple of useless fairies that I used to work with.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 06, 2013, 01:30:53 PM
That's true, but they're also the only gays that I would ever know, aside from a couple of useless fairies that I used to work with.

Are you sure? It is entirely possible that you might interact frequently with gays that you don't know are gay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 01:40:34 PM

Are you sure? It is entirely possible that you might interact frequently with gays that you don't know are gay.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  If Neil thinks that the only gay men are the ones that fit his stereotype then I think he is in for a bit of a suprise.  I know that when the culture around Vancouver became more accepting and people started coming out of the closet I have to admit I had to adjust my preconceptions as well.

Although we all know that Neil is mainly trolling here.

derspiess

Alberta has no homosexuals :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 12:44:08 PM
Perhaps Polish ones. Here in the US though, I'd say no.

My wife's assistant (a very large gay man) wears makeup :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

Alberta has no homosexuals :contract:

I work with at least two homosexual lawyers though.

(I say at least because there may be more I don't know).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

Did you read the post I quoted? Neil said "aren't you all pretty effeminate" to which I responded "not in the US".  Your one example does not illustrate that we are all effeminate. I'm not sure it says anything except well perhaps things about you. :P

Neil

Probably not.  I don't really go out of my way to meet new people.  I have a core of friends from when I was a boy, and some folks that I play cards with.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 02:27:46 PM

Did you read the post I quoted? Neil said "aren't you all pretty effeminate" to which I responded "not in the US".  Your one example does not illustrate that we are all effeminate. I'm not sure it says anything except well perhaps things about you. :P

Chillax. I was just throwing it out there. Not even I would make sweeping judgments using a sample size of one.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2013, 02:53:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 02:27:46 PM

Chillax. I was just throwing it out there. Not even I would make sweeping judgments using a sample size of one.

Martinus

garbon

Josquius

This little hijack does make me wonder how much of the image of gay people being effeminate is a cultural cant from the days when they were more underground and had to spot each other somehow and how much is genuine. As certainly more effeminate guys tend to be gay than straight. Or is it just that the effeminate straights have to put on more of a macho image. hmm.....
██████
██████
██████