News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shades of Bernardo

Started by Malthus, May 21, 2009, 09:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Yet another apparent case of a couple abducting and murdering a little girl here in Ontario.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/05/20/tori-stafford.html

No body found yet.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Without a body or a confession, how do they know she was murdered?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on May 21, 2009, 10:51:32 AM
Without a body or a confession, how do they know she was murdered?

I have no idea. They haven't released many details yet, only the two arrests.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Sorry that the kid died. Although heartless as it is, the constant stream of "Tori" news was starting to annoy me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

saskganesh

Bernardo was a serial killer though and not into little kids. These suspects just have this one abduction correct?
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on May 21, 2009, 11:14:42 AM
Bernardo was a serial killer though and not into little kids. These suspects just have this one abduction correct?

Yes, but it is still chilling that a couple would do this.  That is the connection I think Malthus was referring to.

saskganesh

viper37

There's not much details on this yet, and it appears we probably won't have any until the trial starts.

There are 2 big questions... Why?  How?

Why did they kidnap the girl?  Were they both pedophiles?  If so, why kill her so soon?
How did she die?  Was it an 'accident'?  Did they plan to abuse her than kill her immediatly? 

I think we'll be seeing more of this as the population increase and people move more&more in the big cities.  :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

It's the abduction of a little girl by a couple that makes the paralell. Assuming they are in fact guilty, the truly strange part is that a couple would co-operate in such a crime.

Also assuming they are guilty and it was some sort of sex crime, chances are they would do it again if not caught; how many psychos rape and murder a kid and then decide that one was enough? The more usual pattern is to keep doing it.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2009, 11:11:05 AM
Sorry that the kid died. Although heartless as it is, the constant stream of "Tori" news was starting to annoy me.
Ah.  Being out West, I had know idea who she was.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 12:33:54 PM

It's the abduction of a little girl by a couple that makes the paralell. Assuming they are in fact guilty, the truly strange part is that a couple would co-operate in such a crime.
Like attracts like.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2009, 01:36:14 PM

Like attracts like.

I hate to think of what their online dating ads read like.  :lol:

"I like romantic walks on the beach - and raping and killing little kids"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 01:38:43 PM

Like attracts like.

Valmy said once that he found it amazing how kids who had been abused already somehow attracted people who were willing to commit abuse. Almost as if the perpetrators had a sixth sense that allowed them to detect those kids. Perhaps they can detect people with the same interests the same way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

saskganesh

Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2009, 11:53:48 AM

I think we'll be seeing more of this as the population increase and people move more&more in the big cities.  :(

woodstock is under 40K. this is rural ontario.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2009, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 01:38:43 PM

Like attracts like.

Valmy said once that he found it amazing how kids who had been abused already somehow attracted people who were willing to commit abuse. Almost as if the perpetrators had a sixth sense that allowed them to detect those kids. Perhaps they can detect people with the same interests the same way.

I suspect there is something to it, but more like this: one person (generally the guy, but not always) is a domineering psychopath. He selects his GFs based on their willingness to do basically anything to please him, and over time through manipulation (and because the gf gets gratification from it) craft this person into a perfectly compliant slave, demanding more and more extreme acts from his slave as proof of her obedience and devotion. The logical end-point of such an arrangement is that she willingly help him obtain victims for rape and murder, this being just about the lowest possible point of human degredation one can reach (in Carla Holmoka's case, she helped him rape and murder her own sister, which is inventively vile).