Gay Couple Asked to Leave Mall for Holding Hands, Kissing

Started by garbon, March 05, 2013, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://fox40.com/2013/03/04/gay-couple-asked-to-leave-mall-for-holding-hands-kissing/

QuoteSmooching and holding hands may not seem like a big deal, but two men were asked to leave the Westfield Galleria in Roseville, Calif. Saturday for doing just that.

"I kissed him on the cheek. That's how my boyfriend and I show affection," said Daniel Chesmore.

Sitting on the couch at 21-year-old Chesmore's parents' home in Roseville, he and his boyfriend Jose Guzman, 24, share a few kisses while holding hands.

"This is exactly what we did at the mall on Saturday," Guzman said.

When a security guard confronted the couple about it at the Galleria, they began recording.

"If you continue to kiss, you will be asked to leave the mall. Period," the voice on the recording said. "I counted you guys kissing 25 times. I told you before, we contact any couple [...] about this."

In an undercover investigation, FOX40 spotted dozens of straight couples sitting inside of the Galleria, holding hands and smooching, right out in the open. And as the hours passed, not one couple FOX40 witnessed was asked to leave the mall.

"In a perfect world, there would be no difference in treatment between straight couples and gay couples," Chesmore said.

Galleria General Manager Eddie Ollmann would not comment in person, but released this written statement,  "Persons that violate the Code of Conduct are asked to leave the property."

FOX40 found nothing in the mall's code of conduct about public displays of affection.

"It makes me feel like no matter what I do in society, I will always be different." Chesmore says.

Both he and his boyfriend are tutors in an elementary school in Oakland. Chesmore, a student at U.C. Berkeley and Guzman, a Berkeley graduate. The couple told FOX40 they rarely ever kiss on the lips in public to be considerate to children.

"I feel like we're always treated differently because we're gay. It makes me sad." Guzman said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

America will eventually join the civilized world.

edit:  hopefully before Poland.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe couple told FOX40 they rarely ever kiss on the lips in public to be considerate to children.

If only everybody were this courteous, not just those two gays.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2013, 06:17:48 PM
QuoteThe couple told FOX40 they rarely ever kiss on the lips in public to be considerate to children.

I copulate on the tables in the food court.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Your wife must be allergic to you, since she always breaks out in children.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Yeah, I'm always so fucking thrilled to see some goddamn mall rats tongue wrestling.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 05, 2013, 06:26:59 PM

Yeah, I'm always so fucking thrilled to see some goddamn mall rats tongue wrestling.

I'll leave Hot topic then, just to avoid you prudes.  :mad:

mongers

Indeed, that's what I find off putting, gay or straight, people making out in public, it seems inconsiderate to some around them.
Now in this instance the guys sound fine and I don't see a problem with an occasional kiss on the lips, straight or gay couple.

In short, I guess I only object to people making a spectacle of themselves by making out/ 'this is a prelude to sex and we're doing it in public , look at us' type thing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Something similar happened in London. A pub kicked out a gay couple for kissing (full on) and a straight couple for complaining about it. Amazingly the pub was in Soho :blink:

The next day there was a kiss-in of lots of gays and straights outside (the pub closed). Since then everyone I know's boycotted it because they've not even apologised yet. As far as I can tell they now survive on tourists.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I don't think I've ever seen anyone sucking face in a mall.

Ideologue

I got a blowjob in the mall parking lot a few months back.  Does that count?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 05, 2013, 09:29:46 PM
I got a blowjob in the mall parking lot a few months back.  Does that count?

While eating chick-fil-a.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)