News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Banner Saga

Started by Tamas, March 04, 2013, 12:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

You can find this for free on Steam. MP only.

You form your team of fantasy vikings and fight it out with others. Kind of World of Tanks meets Blood Bowl meets norse mythology.

You gyus with wargaming experience should tear most opposition apart. I just had like my 7th completed game and didn't score my 5th win only because I was watcing the telly and timed out on a crucial move against the enemy archers :P

Anyways, since there are classes which give slight defensive bonus, and out of common sense really, I think the key at this early stage is to not break formation. Since if your opponent does that first, you'll have one of his dudes on its own next to basically your entire team. And of course concentrate your attacks on a single target usually (altough its not THAT easy, as HP=attack power, so there is incentive to wear the enemy down).
That sounds like Tactics 101 but a lot of people are not yet aware I think.

Fun game. Not sure about the longevity, but they promise new classes and stuff.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Pass. I'm still raping Austria's Hungarian provinces in March of the turds.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

I play from time to time. I like it. To my eye, at least, the graphics are gorgeous.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Sounds mildly diverting, I'll give it a spin.  :thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

Still waiting on the single-player version.  :glare:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on March 04, 2013, 06:46:27 PM

Yes, do complain about free things.

Grey Fox

It's not free, not even close. Their pricing model is on the expensive side.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 04, 2013, 07:09:36 PM

I complain about the weather all the time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2013, 07:10:16 PM
It's not free, not even close. Their pricing model is on the expensive side.

:huh: None of the stuff which they sell in the store is required to play the game.

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on March 04, 2013, 07:16:37 PM

When you meet the guy who programmed the weather, be sure to let him know how much it sucked.

garbon

I don't see why Habbs can't complain about the still non-existent paid single player.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 04, 2013, 07:27:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 04, 2013, 07:16:37 PM

When you meet the guy who programmed the weather, be sure to let him know how much it sucked.

Wait, it's not you is it?

fhdz

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2013, 10:05:56 PM
I don't see why Habbs can't complain about the still non-existent paid single player.

I guess if he preordered and has already paid for it...