A 320 gigapixel panorama of London. The largest ever taken.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 03, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2013, 01:48:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2013, 01:32:05 PM
That is true. It's true for all of our rusted cars.

Woah.

Ok that killed any inclination I ever had to move to Canada.  The infinite wealth of Alberta cannot make up for all my cars rusting.

You can retard the rusting by getting an oily coat sprayed on the underside of your car - we do that every year, seems to work.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

You can also get the car rustproofed at the dealership.  My service adviser told me I made an excellent investment. :smarty:

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 03:29:25 PM
Oily coat?  Wouldn't that just drip off?

Apparently not. We use this service:

http://www.krown.com/rust-protect/

Which uses this product:

http://www.krown.com/products/aerosol-products/t40-rust-inhibitor-lubricant/

Seems to work pretty well. At least, on our old cars it appeared to extend their rust-free life by years vs. cars without the servicing.

Thing is, you gotta do it every year.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

If you buy a Toyota truck you don't need to worry about rust proofing, the frame will rust no matter what! :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2013, 10:16:01 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 03, 2013, 10:02:15 PM
Neither is it Central London, but I guess also what you describe is London's lack of a central 'theme' like Paris or the Skyline/buildings of Manhattan; London is more a lot of little towns, sometimes villages within those towns, thrown together with a couple of small cities.  :bowler:

Now that you draw my attention to this phenomenon I do see some very cool neighborhoods in there.  I guess I had this image that all London looked sort of like this:

That looks like Kensington.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on March 04, 2013, 03:46:54 PM
Oh god, malthus fell for the Undercoating scam.

:P

Nope. The "scam" is when dealers offer a one-time service for $800.

Krown is an aftermarket place, charges a bit over $100, and is recommended in places like Ontario that use tons of road salt.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/advice-guides/6973/rustproofing-fact-and-fiction