A 320 gigapixel panorama of London. The largest ever taken.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 03, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Holy shit the detail is incredible! You can zoom in and look in people's windows!

http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

I saw this a week or two ago, I found looking at roof spaces and how people carve out little niches for themselves the most interesting thing.
You'd see a tinny bit of flat roof, with an easy chair, couple of pot plants, maybe a gas bottle for a barbecue.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

DGuller

I wouldn't want to be the owner of that penis in the window.

Warspite

Question for Languishistas who have never been to London, is this anything like what you imagined the city to look like?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Warspite on March 03, 2013, 05:56:17 PM
Question for Languishistas who have never been to London, is this anything like what you imagined the city to look like?
It's one thing to know that the city has few high rises, but it's still rather shocking to see such a large city so low to the ground.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2013, 05:59:53 PM
It's one thing to know that the city has few high rises, but it's still rather shocking to see such a large city so low to the ground.

Ever been to LA? That's an even more shocking sprawl with few high rises in comparison.

Razgovory

Yeah, kinda.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on March 03, 2013, 07:00:02 PM

Ever been to LA? That's an even more shocking sprawl with few high rises in comparison.
Only to LAX, their terrible airport.

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Well this is a relatively non-high-rise part of the metropolis, there are plenty of clusters of high-rise/skys-crappers in the Docklands, parts of the South bank and the City to some extent. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

I think I've found my old flat at 127 Harley Street, Top Floor Flat!  :cool:

Looks like the landlords replaced some windows in the last 20 years, though.  :lol:

Man, that was a great place to live.  Given the number of times I looked out my living room window and saw the BT tower, it's kinda funny to be looking in the opposite direction.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!