Seth Groody, Connecticut Teen, Has Anti-Gay T-Shirt Approved By High School

Started by garbon, March 01, 2013, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 08:39:36 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:37:29 PM
OMG THAT'S HORRIBLE.  :rolleyes:

Actually the horrible bit was how presumably his parents taught him to act hatefully on a day that people honor the struggles that gay people have vis-a-vis discrimination.

"A school that permits advocacy of the rights of homosexual students cannot be allowed to stifle criticism of homosexuality,"  "People in our society do not have a legal right to prevent criticism of their beliefs or their way of life." Seventh Circuit's decision.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:44:44 PM

"A school that permits advocacy of the rights of homosexual students cannot be allowed to stifle criticism of homosexuality,"  "People in our society do not have a legal right to prevent criticism of their beliefs or their way of life." Seventh Circuit's decision.

you are gay
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on March 01, 2013, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:44:44 PM

you are gay

Dont blame me, blame the 7th.

and no I'm not. you are.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on March 01, 2013, 08:53:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:50:13 PM
and no I'm not. you are.

Dammit, defeated by the well timed counter attack again.

:lol: I think the 9th ruled on some simular, but I really dont pay attention. Y'all lawyer types might know.

Who cares Garbon. The kid's an idiot. Dont get your dander up.

Neil

Actually the horrible bit was how presumably his parents taught him to act hatefully on a day that people honor the struggles that gay people have vis-a-vis discrimination.
There's a day for that?

Still, gays are generally pretty bad.  It's a shame that they decided to adopt acting like a teenage girl and making it their 'culture'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

I'll never get this. School uniforms are the norm over here and even in Scotland, where they're not common, schools can send kids home if they're in 'inappropriate' clothes.

I don't know if this would count as inappropriate but regardless of the message it seems weird to me.

Also I love principled sticklers like the ACLU :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 01, 2013, 09:42:00 PM
I'll never get this. School uniforms are the norm over here and even in Scotland, where they're not common, schools can send kids home if they're in 'inappropriate' clothes.

I don't know if this would count as inappropriate but regardless of the message it seems weird to me.

Also I love principled sticklers like the ACLU :lol:

I never wore my "Too many Christians, too few lions" shirt to school as I was pretty sure that they would send me home...or as they had done to other students before, make me turn my shirt inside out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:55:55 PM

Actually my primary interest was what I stated from the start - I was surprised by the notion that schools would just let kids wear whatever they want as that wasn't my experience.

As a lesser interest, I kinda care and feel sad about situations wear minors have been taught hate by their parents.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 01, 2013, 09:38:08 PM
There's a day for that?

Yeah a fucked up day called "Day of Silence". Supposedly it is supposed to show people what it'd be like if gay people didn't exist as participants also are mute for the day.  Seems to me though more like a day just to make sure fags are seen but not heard.  Though I did like it in college getting be out of discussion sections.

Quote from: Neil on March 01, 2013, 09:38:08 PM
Still, gays are generally pretty bad.  It's a shame that they decided to adopt acting like a teenage girl and making it their 'culture'.
That might happen if the USA wasn't so convinced on preventing gays from having grown up relationships.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 10:06:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 08:55:55 PM

Actually my primary interest was what I stated from the start - I was surprised by the notion that schools would just let kids wear whatever they want as that wasn't my experience.

As a lesser interest, I kinda care and feel sad about situations wear minors have been taught hate by their parents.

True dat

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Who taught you to act hateful?  You act hateful everyday.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 01, 2013, 10:11:22 PM

Who taught you to act hateful?  You act hateful everyday.

It's always out of love though. Kinda like Neil and Seedster. :hug: