Easton Woman Says Recently Purchased iPad Is A Fake

Started by garbon, March 01, 2013, 01:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2013, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 02, 2013, 08:29:04 AM
I remember seeing a similar story to this several months back, indicating this was exactly what was going on.  Complete with the scammers re-shrink wrapping the product so it would be resold as "new".

There was a thread a while back about someone buying an IpAd and finding a clay model inside the box.

It was the Sumerian version, obviously. Probably a mix up in shipping.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

It happenned with Microsoft products in the past.  You could spot the fake products that had a slightly different logo.  The computer store I was working at had received a bunch of these, but sold them anyway instead of returning them.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 02, 2013, 01:14:58 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2013, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 02, 2013, 08:29:04 AM
I remember seeing a similar story to this several months back, indicating this was exactly what was going on.  Complete with the scammers re-shrink wrapping the product so it would be resold as "new".

There was a thread a while back about someone buying an IpAd and finding a clay model inside the box.

It was the Sumerian version, obviously. Probably a mix up in shipping.

:rolleyes: Walter statuette.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.