NSFW rant about an entitled female pseudo-lawyer who drives a Porsche Cayenne S

Started by Scipio, February 27, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 10:24:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 07:37:25 PM
Quote from: Scipio on February 28, 2013, 04:22:46 PM
Now the judge is claiming that the boss prosecutor was pissed at me.

This is a regular fucking circle jerk of idiocy.

That's why, whenever somebody approaches you with hinky shit like that you report it to somebody, even if it's in an email, just as a preemptive policy.  Narc not, want not.

The problem with that policy (as I often see in business) is that many people end up spending more time covering their ass and less time getting shit done. <_<

Absolutely. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

QuoteXXX,

Just an FYI;  YYY asked if blah blah blah could be done;  I told him it couldn't be done, but in case it reaches your level, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Yours in Christ,
XXX

Wow.  So painful.  And what a chunk out of my day to accomplish.

Barrister

Seedy, people ask me to withdraw, or take a lesser plea, to charges every single day.  They'll ask me to do things I am explicitly prohibited from doing.

The problem here is people listening to what other people are saying Scipio said, instead of asking Scipio.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2013, 10:33:23 AM
QuoteXXX,

Just an FYI;  YYY asked if blah blah blah could be done;  I told him it couldn't be done, but in case it reaches your level, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Yours in Christ,
XXX

Wow.  So painful.  And what a chunk out of my day to accomplish.

Glad you ignored the substance of my post. The problem isn't that it takes so long to but such together but that people start acting as though they'll need to be able to justify everything and spend more time on documentation than getting shit done.

Happens all the time here when I ask people to do things that are a little outside of our standard process. I get this whole song and dance for them to cover themselves when I've said from the outset that I'll take any heat that comes down.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2013, 10:36:13 AM
Seedy, people ask me to withdraw, or take a lesser plea, to charges every single day.  They'll ask me to do things I am explicitly prohibited from doing.

The problem here is people listening to what other people are saying Scipio said, instead of asking Scipio.

I was addressing garbon's post, as he often sees in business.

DGuller

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 10:37:02 AM
Glad you ignored the substance of my post. The problem isn't that it takes so long to but such together but that people start acting as though they'll need to be able to justify everything and spend more time on documentation than getting shit done.

Didn't ignore it;  just a lot easier to cover your own ass than expect others to cover it for you.  I'd much rather give my boss the heads up than wait for some asshole to complain to their boss, who in turn complains to your boss, and then have to deal with straightening out an entire story from the defensive end, trying to reduce the molehill that's already become a mountain.  NO THATS NOT WHAT I TOLD HIM, etc.

QuoteHappens all the time here when I ask people to do things that are a little outside of our standard process. I get this whole song and dance for them to cover themselves when I've said from the outset that I'll take any heat that comes down.

You just haven't been fucked over by enough passive-aggressive types from above.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2013, 10:51:19 AM
You just haven't been fucked over by enough passive-aggressive types from above.

It is true because heretofar I've been pretty stellar so my defense is along the lines of what BB said on page one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2013, 10:36:13 AM

Yeah, even if Scipio had covered his ass with a self serving email it would not have helped.

On the issue of cya letters and emails, I agree with Garbon.  They are mainly unproductive.  There may be some situtations in which they might be warranted but if I was in Scipio's position this probably would not have been one of them.  Somebody asked him to do something and he said no.  End of story.

It would be different if he had advised someone to do something and they declined his advice.  That is generally when the cya letter goes out.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt