News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gawker's Unemployment Stories

Started by MadImmortalMan, February 26, 2013, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

I moved to the Pearl River Delta to have a good life, since opportunities here were much better than in Canada.  Mono's rants are right-on.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on February 27, 2013, 01:58:51 AM
If I have to move, it will only be to a hip and exciting city with beautiful people and shops where rent is affordable.

Hip and exciting cities attract people which drives up rent. Not to mention lots of extra traffic and smaller houses/apartments.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on February 27, 2013, 02:13:10 AM
I moved to the Pearl River Delta to have a good life, since opportunities here were much better than in Canada.  Mono's rants are right-on.

I moved to the off world colonies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 27, 2013, 02:46:57 AM
I moved to the off world colonies.

I often relocate from various areas of the sofa.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:30:15 PM
I'm a judgemental Gen Xer who dropped out of something i knoew wouldn't give me a career and took something else. They get no pity from me for going into debt taking a degree that will do nothing for them.

I have turned into Ed. I am: old.

You and I aren't Gen X.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2013, 08:01:32 AM
Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:30:15 PM
I'm a judgemental Gen Xer who dropped out of something i knoew wouldn't give me a career and took something else. They get no pity from me for going into debt taking a degree that will do nothing for them.

I have turned into Ed. I am: old.

You and I aren't Gen X.
whatever, XY. They keep changing it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

As long as you don't try and make me older, hvc.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on February 27, 2013, 09:22:54 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2013, 08:01:32 AM
You and I aren't Gen X.
whatever, XY. They keep changing it.

No they don't.  Your ass was born in 1984, baby cakes.  If you can't remember the Reagan Administration, you're just Generation YNot.

Grey Fox

I think that's a good limit test, yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I remember the Reagan Administration. :cool:

I also remember John Lennon getting shot.  The chick on TV was crying when she announced it.  I was like, "Tim: Relax" and then I asked my mom for some more Juicy Juice. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2013, 09:33:27 AM

It's litmus test.  :secret:

What generation am I? I'm too young to be a Boomer, too old to be a Gen Xer. Can I just be my own generation? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on February 27, 2013, 09:36:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2013, 09:33:27 AM

It's litmus test.  :secret:

What generation am I? I'm too young to be a Boomer, too old to be a Gen Xer. Can I just be my own generation? :unsure:

You're just old.  Like me.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on February 27, 2013, 09:48:55 AM

You're just old.  Like me.

Aren't you 48? Doesn't that make you a Boomer? :hmm: I mean, I thought the Boomer generation ended with those who could remember the moon landing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...