News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boeing makes EMP a reality

Started by Alcibiades, February 26, 2013, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Boeing Now Has A Missile That Destroys Only Electronics And Leaves All Else Intact

While the U.S. geared up for the second presidential debate last Tuesday, a building sat pulsing with computers, electronic surveillance, and security systems in the Utah high desert.
The unoccupied site was awaiting the test of a weapon the Pentagon requested four years ago to the day on 16 October, 2008. 
The Counter-Electronics High Power Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), led by Boeing's Phantom works, promised to change the face of contemporary warfare, and its test was a complete success.
CHAMP flew over the Utah Test and Training Range last Tuesday, discharging a burst of High Power Microwaves onto the test site and brought down the compound's entire spectrum of electronic systems, apparently without producing any other damage at all. Even the camera recording the test was shut down.
Struggling to contain his enthusiasm, Boeing's Keith Coleman says, "We hit every target we wanted to. Today we made science fiction into science fact."

Coleman spoke from a Boeing video (below) that shows the results of the test, inside the computer filled building. Flying over the largest testing range in the country, CHAMPS took out seven different targets before self-destructing over empty desert.
While James Dodd, VP of Advanced Boeing Aircraft says he hopes to implement the CHAMP sooner rather than later, it's just one weapon in a growing arsenal meant to take down increasingly sophisticated foreign radar systems.
Passive radar is being heavily marketed abroad as the system to use if a country wants to identify U.S. stealth planes including the forthcoming F-35. The passive system evaluates a wide spectrum of anomalies to track a jet, but a burst from CHAMPS, or the new active electronically scanned array (AESA) will render that threat useless.
Expect CHAMP or AESA or another radar jamming device on any missions involving those terribly expensive F-35 Joint Strike Fighters.

http://www.businessinsider.com/beoings-counter-electronics-high-power-microwave-advanced-missile-project-2012-10
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Beats detonating nuclear devices in the atmosphere.

Crazy_Ivan80

Zanza

I am sure the Taliban tremble in fear. Contemporary warfare won't change one bit. Which opponent of the US in recent conflicts had sophisticated electronics?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on February 26, 2013, 05:23:04 PM
I am sure the Taliban tremble in fear. Contemporary warfare won't change one bit. Which opponent of the US in recent conflicts had sophisticated electronics?
The target for this is obviously China
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 26, 2013, 05:36:46 PM

Kinda weird how Zanza zoomed into the thread all huffy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2013, 06:16:51 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 26, 2013, 05:36:46 PM

Kinda weird how Zanza zoomed into the thread all huffy.

His 'AMERIKKAN BEASTS' alarm went off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Pft.  I can destroy electronics.  I have the rare ability to disable any electronic device and keep it in a non-functional state indefinitely.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Next on military research: devising a way to protect electronic equipment from EMP.

Because you know it's a matter of time till someone else "acquires" the technology, and the U.S. military has a lot of electronic gizmos these days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2013, 12:10:19 AM
Next on military research: devising a way to protect electronic equipment from EMP.

Because you know it's a matter of time till someone else "acquires" the technology, and the U.S. military has a lot of electronic gizmos these days.

Chicken wire and tin foil.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2013, 07:27:12 PM
Pft.  I can destroy electronics.  I have the rare ability to disable any electronic device and keep it in a non-functional state indefinitely.
You might want to consider applying to The Superhero League of Hoboken with skills like that. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points