News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

C. Everett Koop dead

Started by Razgovory, February 25, 2013, 06:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Thought he was already dead, but RIP. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

96. That's a good long run, man.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

My all-time favorite Surgeon General.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on February 25, 2013, 07:25:17 PM
96. That's a good long run, man.

Well you would expect him to be healthy.  I have little opinion of the guy since he was the surgeon general when I was a kid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on February 25, 2013, 07:27:07 PM

I'd have pegged you for a Jocelyn Elders guy, given your love of Eric Clapton and masturbation.

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on February 25, 2013, 07:51:55 PM
I'd have pegged you for a Jocelyn Elders guy, given your love of Eric Clapton and masturbation.

:lol:  "Eric Clapner"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on February 25, 2013, 07:52:52 PM

:lol:  "Eric Clapner"

:D

PDH

Good man, he always tried to stay true to the science, even when it clashed with his moral views.  His AIDS research and prevention work was vital.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 25, 2013, 07:48:45 PM
He was very cool.

Getting cold now, though.  Unless he's being cremated.

But, yeah, I respected the guy.  We could use more like him in public service.

Neil

Quote from: Neil on February 25, 2013, 07:27:07 PM
You know, the early Clinton years were really interesting.  Reagan and Bush changed the world, and when Clinton got in, his people thought it was their turn.  Hillarity ensued.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

When you transition power from The Greatest Generation to The Worst Generation in History, I think you should expect bad things to happen. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2013, 07:43:26 AM
When you transition power from The Greatest Generation . . .

Right, because nothing prepares one for power like duty in the First Motion Picture Unit.  Our superior behavioral techniques in putting monkeys to bed was the key to defeating Nazism.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 27, 2013, 10:57:08 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2013, 07:43:26 AM
When you transition power from The Greatest Generation . . .
Right, because nothing prepares one for power like duty in the First Motion Picture Unit.  Our superior behavioral techniques in putting monkeys to bed was the key to defeating Nazism.
I took his post to refer to Reagan's team as a whole, as opposed to Reagan himself.

Question:  Are you saying that making propaganda films for the war effort is no more valuable than going to college and smoking weed?