I had a negative net worth of about three hundred grand back then.  :lol:

I don't see how that's possible.

Student loans. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadImmortalMan

And a mortgage, credit cards and no assets with net value, yeah.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2013, 02:07:17 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 26, 2013, 12:32:20 PM
I had a negative net worth of about three hundred grand back then.  :lol:

I don't see how that's possible.

Ever owned a house, dude?
and the horse you rode in on

bogh

In 2003 I had just come back from Sarajevo and moved to Prague in the fall. I was working on my bachelor thesis.

Ten years on, I've held several jobs since finishing my master degree, lived in Stockholm, been promoted into management at my current company, met a nice girl, bought a big flat with her, had a kid (10 months now), gone on paternity leave and stopped posting on Languish.

Phillip V

The Larch

Quote from: bogh on March 01, 2013, 05:03:45 AM
In 2003 I had just come back from Sarajevo and moved to Prague in the fall. I was working on my bachelor thesis.

Ten years on, I've held several jobs since finishing my master degree, lived in Stockholm, been promoted into management at my current company, met a nice girl, bought a big flat with her, had a kid (10 months now), gone on paternity leave and stopped posting on Languish.

Good to see you again, man, it's been a long time.  :)

Josquius

10 years ago- 16 year old. Studying for my GCSEs, full of hope for the future, the world was my oyster, it was just a question of what field I would choose to study and make amazing strides forward in. Dangerously low on the BMI scale.

Now- Teaching 16 year olds. Failure in life, not even sure of being able to scrape a living in the future, it is a grim looking place for me and the world at large.  Towards the top end of a healthy weight.
██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

Is teaching 16-year-olds bad? They are still malleable enough that you can improve them, right? :)

PDH

Howdy bogh.  All except that end of posting on Languish seems really nice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

Bogh! :hug:
and the horse you rode in on

bogh

Hello all. Hope all is well.

And yeah, I need to make a decent women out of her...

derspiess

:cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

10 of your Earth years, eh? Well I'm sure something has happened.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

The Brain

Quote from: Iormlund on March 01, 2013, 12:34:27 PM
It's been an awful ten years.

I think the OP is talking about outside of Languish.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.