News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2013 Oscars - Habsy Memorial Thread.

Started by mongers, February 24, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

He'd have started this thread if he were still with us.  :(

The ceremony is due to start at 17:30 PST (01:30 GMT).

Odds on DDL not winning for Lincoln ? :unsure:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on February 24, 2013, 05:43:23 PMOdds on DDL not winning for Lincoln ? :unsure:

Extremely low, I guess. I've seen him with a 95% chance of getting it.

katmai

Habsy ain't dead, just tired of you mongers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

He's already got 2 statues so might lose on account of that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I'm hoping for a mass shooting taking out Seth McFarlne.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 24, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
Languish favors Lincoln and Django Unchained. OMG, ACW Hijack!

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,9251.msg532923.html#msg532923

Horseshit Argo or SLPB.  Lincoln and Django Unchained are cliche.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2013, 06:02:30 PM
He's already got 2 statues so might lose on account of that.

No way.  He's a lock.

mongers

Inauspicious start:

The ladies' toilet on the second floor of the Dolby Theatre overflowed just 45 minutes before the US telecast began, prompting a scramble by a half dozen workers to tackle the mini flood.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on February 24, 2013, 08:32:38 PM
Inauspicious start:

The ladies' toilet on the second floor of the Dolby Theatre overflowed just 45 minutes before the US telecast began, prompting a scramble by a half dozen workers to tackle the mini flood.

Doom for DDL
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 24, 2013, 08:33:18 PM
Inauspicious start:

Doom for DDL

Nonsense. There's your There Will Be Blood reference right there.  Only thing that would make it more obvious would be if somebody in the balcony got shot by somebody else with their left foot.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2013, 10:05:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 24, 2013, 08:33:18 PM
Inauspicious start:

Doom for DDL

Nonsense. There's your There Will Be Blood reference right there.  Only thing that would make it more obvious would be if somebody in the balcony got shot by somebody else with their left foot.

:lol:

mongers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21570126

QuoteChristopher Plummer, announces the best supporting actress - and it goes to Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables. "It came true," she weeps. She thanks the team behind the film and Hugh Jackman - "you're the best".

0354: Jaws star Richard Dreyfuss tweets: "I always dreamed that the score of one of my films would be used to play people off at the Oscars. We did it, Steven!"

Eddie Teach

Apparently a good year to be on Hollywood's A List, as you had ~0% chance of dying.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

:XD:

QuoteLater in the show, MacFarlane complimented Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in "Lincoln," and said that "the actor who really got inside Lincoln's head was John Wilkes Booth." The reference to Lincoln's assassin didn't go over well, leaving MacFarlane to crack, "Really? 150 years and it's still too soon?"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point