Jodi Arias trial

Started by Caliga, February 21, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2013, 02:47:46 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 21, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2013, 02:38:45 PM
Arizona? Who cares?
There's a whole, shiny country out there between the coasts for you to explore, believe it or not!

Arizona is like California if you take all the good parts away and then fill with racist crazies.

Besides, I drove across the country - I know some people choose to rough it in the land between coasts. :)

That's pretty bang on, actually.   :thumbsup:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

OttoVonBismarck

Her weird form of battered woman syndrome in which it's justified to get a weapon from your parents house then drive hundreds of miles to kill him even when you weren't dating and had no logical reason to fear he was a threat to you didn't seem like it'd work to me, either.

Ed Anger

I'd lead her naked on a leash in my backyard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

So she gave an interview to Fox News already wherein she stated she'd prefer to be executed than spend life in prison:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/jodi-arias-death-is-the-ultimate-freedom_n_3241432.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Nice try, you dumb cunt. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

LOL, welcome to Suicide Watch, sweetie.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2013, 02:58:10 PM
LOL, welcome to Suicide Watch, sweetie.

:lol:  No kidding.  That was a bad call.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Caliga

Mistrial on the sentencing phase.  :sleep:

CountDeMoney

New jury to be empaneled for the sentencing date set for July 18.

What I really want to know is why this bitch has more interviews going on lately than a politician.  She's all over the place.

Caliga

It's like a reality soap-opera.  It appeals to bored housewives.

CountDeMoney

No defendant should be allowed this much TV air time or press print during any portion of the trial.  In fact, I don't recall anybody else getting it.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 24, 2013, 10:17:22 AM
No defendant should be allowed this much TV air time or press print during any portion of the trial.  In fact, I don't recall anybody else getting it.
I agree with you on that.... it is very odd.

Malthus

I can't for the life of me understand the facination with this case. It has some kinky sex stuff, but really, is that enough to explain it?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

OttoVonBismarck

I think it's the fact she's attractive and most of her testimony centered around her shamelessly talking about her weird sex life with her victim.

OttoVonBismarck

I don't buy fully into meme theory but to a degree I do think the media and wire services sort of operate along memetic lines. It seems random, and maybe it is, but sometimes a story hits a kernel of interest that attracts more interest that attracts more interest until it becomes a sensation. It's not always logical. Elizabeth Smart goes missing and it's a huge deal, national news. Sure it may be "young white female" at play, but I can name others like Holly Bobo (google) that are attractive white females who were apparently kidnapped from their homes who have gotten little national attention.

Lacy Peterson is another one, white woman, pregnant, disappears. Her case was big news even before her body was found, and you can find lots of other white women who are pregnant and disappear and never make the news like that.

Caliga

It coulda been something as simple as the day the news broke was a proverbial 'slow news day', whereas some other chick disappears and a tornado also strikes that day, or Kim Kardashian gets pregnant again... so therefore nobody gives a fuck.