News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Taint Please - Playstation 4 Announced.

Started by mongers, February 20, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

PlayStation 4 console announced by Sony in New York

Sony has announced its next-generation gaming console - the PlayStation 4 - at an event in New York.

Its new hardware is designed to offer superior graphics as well as new social features including the sharing of recorded gameplay clips.

It will succeed the PlayStation 3, which went on sale in 2006 and has sold about 75 million units.

The PS4 will eventually compete against Microsoft's still-to-be-unveiled Xbox 360 successor and Nintendo's Wii U.

A successful launch might drive sales of the Sony's new televisions and other consumer electronics, helping turn around its fortunes.

Sony posted a 456.7bn yen loss ($4.9bn; £3.2bn) in its last financial year, marking the fourth year it ended in deficit.

But the firm has forecast a 20bn yen profit for the current financial year ending in March.
PC-based chip

Sony described the machine as being like a "supercharged" PC .

It runs off an x86-based CPU (central processing unit) - similar architecture to that found in most desktop computers - and an "enhanced" PC GPU .......

Rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21526450
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

What a surprise announcment which absolutely nobody saw coming :o
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2013, 08:23:06 PM
What a surprise announcment which absolutely nobody saw coming :o
... Sarcasm?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Josquius

Of course, this has been talked about for months now, yet sony are still announcing it like its a big shock announcement.

Colour me meh. I only finally got a current generation console last month.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Sony. :bleeding:

I've been holding Sony stock since 1998.  Thank God I didn't sink all my savings into it or anything. :yuk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Mongers, why do you care enough about this to "taint" it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 20, 2013, 08:54:41 PM
Mongers, why do you care enough about this to "taint" it?

:P

I don't I just thought I'd get in before you did; heh, maybe I ensured it against taint and so Sony's future is assured ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Yay! New Blood, this current generation (8) of game console has already lasted too long.

All Hail Generation 9!

I'm not gonna get one. :lol: I only got a 360 2 years ago to play Madden.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Pssht. I hate the wikipedia generation numbering.
The generation names went in bits up to 32 dammit and thereafter....um......I'm not sure.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger