Penny pinching: Can Obama kill the one-cent coin?

Started by jimmy olsen, February 20, 2013, 12:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Ah, excellent grumbler in full flow, please do carry on it's most amusing.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on February 21, 2013, 11:14:07 AM
Ah, excellent grumbler in full flow, please do carry on it's most amusing.  :bowler:

You need to engage and respond to keep it going.  Catch-22. :(

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on February 21, 2013, 10:34:33 AM

:lmfao:  The Weasel of Tyr returns!  I am sure we are all shocked.
:lol: I placed money that you'd make such a reply.
Shit. I owe myself 5000 yen....Yey 5000 yen!

Its not really a weasel if there's nothing one needs to weasel out of. :contract:
(come on 1000 word retort, come on 1000 word retort.....)
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on February 21, 2013, 10:45:15 AM
That was the only truly comprehensible part of the post, since context would give us "a pot at Tyr and we can assume "pot" is a Britishism for "attack" or "shot."

A "pot shot" even.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on February 21, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
I am not sure what your ignorance evidences about anything but your ignorance.  Like most people, I suggest, you are ignorant of far more than you are cognizant of, so you shouldn't feel compelled to comment on every instance in which you are reminded of something about which you are ignorant.

I suggest a poll of British posters on Languish is needed; whilst I have clear recollections of the coin and of spending it, I also have no recollection of ever hearing it referred to as a "tiddler".

It would be interesting to see if this supposedly universal nickname of a "tiddler" was actually a regional phenomenon.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on February 22, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 21, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
I am not sure what your ignorance evidences about anything but your ignorance.  Like most people, I suggest, you are ignorant of far more than you are cognizant of, so you shouldn't feel compelled to comment on every instance in which you are reminded of something about which you are ignorant.

I suggest a poll of British posters on Languish is needed; whilst I have clear recollections of the coin and of spending it, I also have no recollection of ever hearing it referred to as a "tiddler".

It would be interesting to see if this supposedly universal nickname of a "tiddler" was actually a regional phenomenon.

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I'm sure it was very commonplace when grumbler visited Britain in the 1870s.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?