News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Status Update

Started by Hansmeister, February 15, 2013, 11:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Well, I got back from Afghanistan late last year, where I worked as an advisor to an Afghan Army Corps.  I advised their information Operations, Humanitarian Assistance, and Religious Cultural Affairs sections.  Developed and ran training courses and taught them how to coordinate their efforts.  It was fun, yet exhausting, and there was a constant threat of "green on blue" incidents, but it all worked out in the end.  Here is the link to the speech I gave after my return:

http://jlf.streamhammer.com/speakers/hansmarchurd010713.mp4

I now got reassignment orders to Virginia Beach for this summer.  I'll probably spend a year there before retiring from the Army and getting a real job.

Neil

Don't be swayed by Martinusist propaganda.  Military service is a 'real job', and there's no shame in being in the military.

Unless we're talking about the Air Force. :yuk:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Or the Navy.  Good to hear from you Hansy.
PDH!

Phillip V

Grey Fox

There's job left in America? Real jobs?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Welcome back!  Good job firing McChrystal. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 15, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

I only got my current one last may.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Glad you made it back okay.  Must have been hard to trust any of the locals you had to work with.  If you ever roll through Cincinnati again, beers are on me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 15, 2013, 11:30:08 AM
Veterans can get preferred hiring sometimes.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

:rolleyes:

I was just talking to a recruiter this morning about filling a sys admin position we have.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 09, 2012, 02:21:00 PM

As far as the presidential campaign, it is unfolding as I expected. As I stated months ago in another thread Romney will win by a comfortable margin. All the indicators have long pointed in that direction.
:lol:

Hansmeister

Quote from: Zanza on February 15, 2013, 01:14:14 PM

As far as the presidential campaign, it is unfolding as I expected. As I stated months ago in another thread Romney will win by a comfortable margin. All the indicators have long pointed in that direction.

You can't win them all.  Romney blew what should've been an easy victory against an unpopular incumbent. The fuck up with Orca itself should be considered legendary.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on February 15, 2013, 01:14:14 PM

I could have sworn you already posted this. Did you decide to post again minus the snarky comment?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.