The Goofy, Anti-Nazi Parody Video That Enraged Goebbels

Started by jimmy olsen, February 12, 2013, 05:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I remember watching some documentary where the film was screened at some gathering of somewhat high-up Germans during WWII.  One official/general/whatever attended with his Greek wife, who broke the silence about a minute into the film and started laughing out loud.  Five seconds of awkward silence followed that, then the whole room broke out in laughter. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2013, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2013, 05:20:38 PM
First of all, she should use the word film instead of video.

Go fuck yourself, you simpleton little fuck.  She can use the word "video" all she wants.

You fuck.

Hey! How's your keyboards collection going? Drop any of those keyboards on your feet lately?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2013, 08:02:45 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2013, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2013, 05:20:38 PM
First of all, she should use the word film instead of video.

Go fuck yourself, you simpleton little fuck.  She can use the word "video" all she wants.

You fuck.

Hey! How's your keyboards collection going? Drop any of those keyboards on your feet lately?

I saw what you did there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

How about I jam a rotary phone up your ass, so it can take you 6 minutes to dial 9-1-1?

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2013, 09:17:46 AM

How about I jam a rotary phone up your ass, so it can take you 6 minutes to dial 9-1-1?

You probably have one of those, probably call it a cellphone too. Why be accurate when you can be wrong! America!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

My mother in law still has a rotary phone in her kitchen. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

I read slate from time to time, but now I have a new game when I go there - I try and guess which slate article Tim is going to post on Languish next.

I've got a contender already...  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on February 13, 2013, 04:37:03 PM
I read slate from time to time, but now I have a new game when I go there - I try and guess which slate article Tim is going to post on Languish next.

Too easy.  Next level of difficulty : read the AP news feed and try to guess which article he'll post after it's been picked up by a mainstream source.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on February 13, 2013, 04:37:03 PM

A quick look and nothing especially catches my fancy, but maybe I didn't delve deep enough. :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on February 12, 2013, 07:30:26 PM
Timmay you are such a fucking idiot.

I'm not sure Ed's bone structure can take you piling on top of him like this.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?