And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on February 17, 2016, 07:06:25 AM
Ah, the old Warszaw pact highway.

Caliga, my friend, try driving Bergen-Oslo to experience really, really crappy roads.
When the Scandinavia expansion next goes on sale I'm going to pick it up.  Right now I can't get any closer to you than Kiel.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2016, 01:09:51 PM
I can confirm that Polish "highways" are terrible.  Or at least they were seven years ago.

So, uh, good marks to ETS2 for realism I guess.
Maybe 20 km outside of Warsaw I finally got on the Polish equivalent of an autobahn, which is probably called, hmmm... autobahn -> (drop vowels) -> utbhn -> (add random c, z, and cz's all over the place) -> the "czutbzhn" system I would guess.  But the road from the Slovak border the rest of the way up was like a secondary highway with sharp turns and all, yet the speed limits were strangely high.

In the game at least, the best highway system on the Continent so far has been the French one, though you have to pay annoying tolls.  But the roads have ample lanes and the speed limits are consistently nice and high for trucks.

Grey Fox

How much was the game on sale, Cal?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I'm now driving a load of pressure tanks from Warsaw to Gdansk and, you guessed it, it's been a two lane road the whole way so far. :bleeding:

I'm tuned in to a 'rock' station too, and there's a song playing where the refrain sounds like "Sissy, marginal sissy" over and over again. :hmm:

I think I paid like 18 bucks GF.

Caliga

Finally found a czutbzhn but the interchange was so narrow I got hung up on the guardrail trying to get on it and had to go the wrong way down the ramp to actually free my trailer up. :bleeding:

Then I got a speeding ticket cause the speed limit was only 40 km an hour. :wacko:

Caliga

That was fun. :sleep:

Now I'm driving a load of beets apples from Gdansk down to Szeged.

Grey Fox

My time is up on the ATS demo but 30$ is steep.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2016, 09:59:23 PM
That was fun. :sleep:

Now I'm driving a load of beets apples from Gdansk down to Szeged.
I finally bought a truck in the game.  I have a Volvo with a huge engine and a nice sleeping compartment thing above the cab.  In my first job with it I drove 20 tons of ammunition from London to Strasbourg.  Some guy rear-ended me in Luxembourg and there was so much damage to the truck and freight that I only made 2,000 Euros on the job. :mad:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on February 25, 2016, 09:05:53 PM
Non union driver :rolleyes:
Yeah and now I have to pay for my own gas and tolls too.  Before it was like "1,000 liters in France?  YES PLZ" now it's like "Can I make it to Poland before running out"  :blush:

Octavian

Decided to try the Dark Souls series. Bought Dark Souls II - Scholar of the frist sin.

I'm still in the first level (Forrest of fallen Giants).

Total nummer of rage quits so far = 6.

Yet I keep coming back to the game - It's great!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Syt

I'm the same with Dark Souls 1. 44 hours in, haven't rung the second bell yet (10 hours on current char). It's easy to see that the game is influenced a lot by the look of the Berserk manga, with its armors and medieval world, and the demon boss fights.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Playing the game of Thrones Game.
It's nice and all.
And I understand why it's the case....
But these games are so annoying, how irrelevant your choices are despite what they claim.
They only ever semi to matter in the final chapter when your best friend suddenly goes "that time in chapter 3 when I was being a dick you protected that woman from me. Therefore I won't help you!"
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2016, 04:50:34 PM
Playing the game of Thrones Game.
It's nice and all.
And I understand why it's the case....
But these games are so annoying, how irrelevant your choices are despite what they claim.
They only ever semi to matter in the final chapter when your best friend suddenly goes "that time in chapter 3 when I was being a dick you protected that woman from me. Therefore I won't help you!"

I consider them semi-interactive TV series. I like their storytelling a lot, but they are not really "games", you have little agency.

celedhring

Playing Sunless Sea. Loving it. The world is very detailed and funny-creepy at the same time. Some great writing. The game is a bit grindy if you want to really beat it or further several of the questlines, so I don't think I'll get to the end, but just exploring and uncovering new quests/stories is a treat.