News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2016, 01:18:07 PM
Spent about 3.5 hours in American Truck Simulator driving across California and Nevada while listening to an oldies station from the Reno area. The game is as soothing and as relaxing as always.  :blush:

Though driving through San Francisco and along the winding paths along the Oxnard ocean front drove me slightly insane (sure, it makes for scenic driving, but would a 16 wheel truck really take those roads?).
If you're talking about the PCH, then yes there are trucks on it.
QuoteFun moments include driving through the desert from Las Vegas to Fresno while the sun set behind the mountains and crossing Golden Gate.

Driving at night between San Francisco, LA, and San Diego: "Hey, there's a lot of traffic at 2 am!"
Driving at night in Northern Nevada: "Hello? Anybody there? Oh, another abandoned farm."

I also like the speed limits in Nevada a lot better than the ones in California. :P
I got ETS2 the other day on sale and absolutely love it.  I don't know why a game with such a boring premise is so damn fun. :hmm:  For my next 'awesome' mission I am driving 17 tons of office paper from Kassel to Zurich.  I guess there has been an overrun of Swiss TPS Reports lately. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on February 13, 2016, 06:25:53 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2016, 01:18:07 PM
Spent about 3.5 hours in American Truck Simulator driving across California and Nevada while listening to an oldies station from the Reno area. The game is as soothing and as relaxing as always.  :blush:

Though driving through San Francisco and along the winding paths along the Oxnard ocean front drove me slightly insane (sure, it makes for scenic driving, but would a 16 wheel truck really take those roads?).
If you're talking about the PCH, then yes there are trucks on it.

On a very small part of it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

:hmm: Where?  I could swear there were trucks in the stretch from SB down through Ventura and thinking "man it would suck if one of these dudes caused an accident".

PDH

Short trailer semis drive down between Monterey and San Luis Obispo.  I wouldn't want to do that run, but the little communities and restaurants need supplies.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on February 13, 2016, 01:13:08 PM
:hmm: Where?  I could swear there were trucks in the stretch from SB down through Ventura and thinking "man it would suck if one of these dudes caused an accident".
North of there like PDH says and then north of SF.

Scipio

Automation. Very cool. Just learning the game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

Bought Cities Skylines and the addon.
God its unstable :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Having great fun in Dying Light coop. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I just drove a cargo of flour from some shithole in Slovakia to Warsaw.  When I hit the Polish border I switched to a Polish FM station and listened to Polish rap for most of the rest of the drive.  It's... horrifying, so much so I couldn't change the channel.  The main lyrics are in Polish but the refrains and stuff are a mixture of Polish and badly mispronounced English.  After that drive, I think it would be a good idea for Poland to take the microphones away from all of the wiggers and give them jackhammers, as a modern highway system would be a nice thing to have. :(

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2016, 06:26:58 PM
I just drove a cargo of flour from some shithole in Slovakia to Warsaw.  When I hit the Polish border I switched to a Polish FM station and listened to Polish rap for most of the rest of the drive.  It's... horrifying, so much so I couldn't change the channel.  The main lyrics are in Polish but the refrains and stuff are a mixture of Polish and badly mispronounced English.  After that drive, I think it would be a good idea for Poland to take the microphones away from all of the wiggers and give them jackhammers, as a modern highway system would be a nice thing to have. :(

I can confirm that Polish "highways" are terrible.  Or at least they were seven years ago.

So, uh, good marks to ETS2 for realism I guess.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Pedrito

Before getting XCOM 2 I am playing XCOM: Enemy Within to finish it.
I've just researched the MECs, and had my first mission against EXALT. The game was really awesome, with this expansion it's even better. I love playing it.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2016, 01:09:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2016, 06:26:58 PM

I can confirm that Polish "highways" are terrible.  Or at least they were seven years ago.

So, uh, good marks to ETS2 for realism I guess.

The highway running East from the border at Frankfurt-Oder is pretty good. And empty.

Norgy

Ah, the old Warszaw pact highway.

Caliga, my friend, try driving Bergen-Oslo to experience really, really crappy roads.

katmai