News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2009, 06:11:09 PM
Starting to get a handle on the maps for Darkest Hour.  Man, once you figure out how to use the BAR correctly, it's a beast.  Thompson SMG is sweet too, but no range.

Hell, once I got over the typical FPS urge to just run and gun everything and started taking cover like you're supposed to (and remain patient enough to take advantage of the cover while firing), my kills started skyrocketing.

I still need to find a decent gunner for when I drive tanks, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DontSayBanana

Been playing Bejeweled Twist and blew the dust off Deus Ex.

Thinking about putting the new lappy and connection through MMO paces, but I don't see any free ones that would hold my attention for more than 2 or 3 sessions and I really hate the idea of paying for access to WoW and its ilk.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Aion is going on Open Beta tomorrow
Champions Online is doing the same on Tuesday.

Try them out Banana.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Hey folks what's a good Superhero game. I've tried a few, most were kinda lame.
:p

The Brain

Quote from: Scipio on August 16, 2009, 06:09:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2009, 04:11:11 PM
Playing the Trine demo. Awesome atmosphere.
Yes indeedy.

But the game? I had the idea that you would control 3 characters but it seems to be just 1 (with different abilities accessed by pressing 1, 2 or 3). The whole threesome thing seems to be just a gimmick. True?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

I want to try out Champions Online, sadly I'm not willing to buy a Fileplanet subscription for it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2009, 01:49:01 PM
Yes indeedy.

But the game? I had the idea that you would control 3 characters but it seems to be just 1 (with different abilities accessed by pressing 1, 2 or 3). The whole threesome thing seems to be just a gimmick. True?

You can have all three in co-op mode.  You'd need 2 controllers hooked up to your computer in addition to the keyboard and mouse.  I played through the game alone using 1, 2, and 3.

This is probably my favorite PC game of the year so far.  It's great.

The Brain

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 17, 2009, 02:10:48 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2009, 01:49:01 PM
Yes indeedy.

You can have all three in co-op mode.  You'd need 2 controllers hooked up to your computer in addition to the keyboard and mouse.  I played through the game alone using 1, 2, and 3.

This is probably my favorite PC game of the year so far.  It's great.

Interesting.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Octavian

Quote from: Habbaku on August 16, 2009, 08:44:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2009, 06:11:09 PM
Starting to get a handle on the maps for Darkest Hour.  Man, once you figure out how to use the BAR correctly, it's a beast.  Thompson SMG is sweet too, but no range.

Hell, once I got over the typical FPS urge to just run and gun everything and started taking cover like you're supposed to (and remain patient enough to take advantage of the cover while firing), my kills started skyrocketing.

I still need to find a decent gunner for when I drive tanks, though.

I suck at the tank maps. I always get blown up without even knowing where the enemy are :(
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

DontSayBanana

Caved and bought Sims 3 today. Expensive, but at least I'm not going to have to sink money into it every month.

I am: the Mono of the gaming world. ;)
Experience bij!

Josquius

Been playing Escape Velocity Override lately.
Awesome old game.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Downloaded the latest demo version of Jutland, played The Duel where a german and a british dreadnought guns it out.

Oh, the shell-cam is pretty nice and hearing the closing enemy shells...

Must. Resist. Purchasing. Insulting DRM crap. Must...