News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on July 29, 2009, 02:29:45 PM
EU: Rome is pretty great, combines the best of the EU series and CK very well, while still doing the period right.  As the Roxolani I have successfully conquered the decedent fools of the Bosphoran Kingdom and have run slave raids (all-cavalry armies to defeat barbarians and bring back slaves) as far as the Suebi and Dacians and Caucasian Albania in the East.  However, I just changed the government to Military Republic and my great leader lost an election, took control of the army, and declare a civil war.  I'm playing as the great leader and am having some difficulty, as sieges are a bitch with all cav armies.

Yes. The problem is, the map is small and there are very few countries, so it gets repetitive despite the characters.

It is a most excellent paving ground for CK2 however.

katmai

Bejeweled 2 and Tiger Woods golf..both on iPhone.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on July 29, 2009, 02:47:32 PM
[Yes. The problem is, the map is small and there are very few countries, so it gets repetitive despite the characters.

It is a most excellent paving ground for CK2 however.
They should really just expand the map for this in a mod.  To Baktria, or even better yet include all of India and Burma.  And various Steppe tribes (the Yuezhi-Tocharians, eastern Aryans, all of Parthia, maybe the early Turks). 

The game itself is pretty fantastic, though I can't quite find out why the Civic faction has been running Rome for the last two decades. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Battlefield 1943.  It's kinda fun, although I wish that there were more players per map.  The great thing about WWII is that it was mass combat, and you kind of lose that in the game.  Still, it's a fun, cheap little game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alatriste

Oblivion, Target for Today: rescuing Newheim the Portly's Flagon, a magic mug that keeps beer cold forever. I don't need to say, Newheim is not a Briton!

Gave me a much harder time than I had anticipated. Companions in Oblivion are worse than useless, they refuse to sneak and always charge headlong into anything they see, but Maglir is worst than most, his armour incredibly noisy and his boastful dialogue gets to my nerves... and in addition the members of the band that robbed Newheim were far better than your average brigand, as I guessed when I saw they had names.

Luckily they were split in two groups, but anyway it came as a bit of a shock that they actually had eyes, sharp eyes, and noticed when I shot an arrow at one of their friends. In both cases they reacted charging at me and I survived only because I had ample supplies of potions. You may cry 'Foul' and call it doping, but when one has to fight against four bandits in a dark cave, the gloves come off!

Great fun  :D

The Brain

Test Drive Unlimited

Pretty cool, I like sandbox driving games. Having all of Oahu to play with is nice.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5. Worth getting for rpg/strategy fans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 30, 2009, 05:13:50 PM
Been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5. Worth getting for rpg/strategy fans.

:huh:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BuddhaRhubarb

Started playing Bully finally the other day. bought it aeons(months)  ago. I like it better than I thought I would so far. haven't played a long sesh yet tho. :thumbsup: Yakie.
:p

CountDeMoney

I'll have you faggits know I was up til 4:30am playing Hell of Stalingrad.
Yes, with another person.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2009, 01:33:23 PM

To replicate the languish experience playing a game, you need somebody constantly bitching to do your turn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Putting a mirror on the other side of the table does not count as "other person".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2009, 01:37:05 PM

To replicate the languish experience playing a game, you need somebody constantly bitching to do your turn.

PM inbox messages from Berkut--

Quote7:30pm--Subject: Awaiting your turn
7:44pm--Subject: Still waiting
9:00pm--Subject: Where is your turn?
9:31pm--Subject: I knew you'd flake out on us
10:15pm--Subject: Turn received
10:17pm--Subject: Waiting for your turn...again
3:36am--Subject: Where is your turn????
5:43am--Subject: We're all waiting for your turn...
8:06am--Subject: Know you're at work, still need your turn
4:00pm--Subject: Turn plz? Hello?
4:21pm--Subject: WHERE IS YOUR TURN
5:30pm--Subject: Replaced you, posting on Languish how you suck

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on August 02, 2009, 01:39:04 PM

Putting a mirror on the other side of the table does not count as "other person".

My cat is the ultimate team player.