News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Iormlund on July 14, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
We've been playing some versus L4D in the Spanish P'dox forum. Great fun. :)
That game really comes into its own when you have a good group of people playing both survivors and zombies. :yes:
Mics are a must.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Mount & Blade: The Wedding Dance mod.

It's basically M&B pr0n.

- Two "female" factions of Valkyries and Amazons.  Check.
- Female armor means showing lots o' boobies and booty.  Check.
- Erect penii and vajayjay.  Check.
- Scenes of sadomasochism conducted by an "enemy" non-faction that has a very Catholic-church theme, and includes nuns in bondage wear?  Check.

But other than all that, actually has some very well-done gameplay elements, though could also stand to take some from other mods.

Also, the recently released, updated Prophecy of Pendor mod.  Probably easily one of the best M&B mods out there.   

The Brain

Just played Left 4 Dead for the first time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Texas Glory via Vassal. I'm the goddamn Mexicans.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Madden 10 demo, downloaded from XBox Live. Lost to the Cowboys 7-0.  :mad:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Lucidor

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 08, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
Gonna buy GalCiv II as soon as I get Paypal set up - it's the only way they'll take international orders, unfortunately.
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6134919/Galactic-Civilizations-II-Ultimate-Edition/Product.html

I don't know if Endless Universe will come back. That's what I got. I don't think there's too much of a difference.

Syt

I've been trying to get a custom races file to run on GalCiv2TA. The custom races show up in the main menu alright, but when clicking the button that should take me to playing the game the game crashes and the debug.err is no help.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Lucidor on July 26, 2009, 04:08:32 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 08, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
Gonna buy GalCiv II as soon as I get Paypal set up - it's the only way they'll take international orders, unfortunately.
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6134919/Galactic-Civilizations-II-Ultimate-Edition/Product.html

I don't know if Endless Universe will come back. That's what I got. I don't think there's too much of a difference.

Stardock took paypal without problems. But it is nice to see that I could've gotten the game cheaper.   :P

Been playing Mount & Blade, and just got EU3-IN so I've been playing as the Pope in MMP. Haven't played GalCiv2 much so far.  :blush:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 26, 2009, 07:16:08 PM
Haven't played GalCiv2 much so far.  :blush:

Why not, if you don't mind me asking.  Is it something about the game or just one of those things that get away from you a bit?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: sbr on July 26, 2009, 08:22:13 PM

Why not, if you don't mind me asking.  Is it something about the game or just one of those things that get away from you a bit?

Partly it's because I haven't played games much at all the last few weeks. Second, In Nomine was on sale and I've gotten back into that. I'm also moving away from my "science fiction" phase at the moment. Once I get sick of my Papacy EU3 game, I'll probably go back to GalCiv. The game itself is pretty neat, easy to get into, though a bit slow at the beginning.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 26, 2009, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 26, 2009, 08:22:13 PM

Partly it's because I haven't played games much at all the last few weeks. Second, In Nomine was on sale and I've gotten back into that. I'm also moving away from my "science fiction" phase at the moment. Once I get sick of my Papacy EU3 game, I'll probably go back to GalCiv. The game itself is pretty neat, easy to get into, though a bit slow at the beginning.

Good, glad to hear it isn't something wrong with the game; I have been considering getting GalCiv2 for some time and followed your thread here about it.  I probably, hopefully, won't be getting it anytime soon though as I succumbed to the GG sale and ended up getting SotS a few days ago.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2009, 05:01:20 PM
I've been trying to get a custom races file to run on GalCiv2TA. The custom races show up in the main menu alright, but when clicking the button that should take me to playing the game the game crashes and the debug.err is no help.  <_<

Found the error. The game doesn't like you renaming the tag for the Pirates faction.

I replaced the game's factions with the following:

Majors
- German Empire (Kaiser Wilhelm II)
- British Empire (Queen Victoria)
- Republic of France (Président Loubet)
- Russian Empire (Tsar Nicholas II)
- Empire of Japan (Emperor Meiji)
- Austria-Hungary (Kaiser Franz-Joseph)
- United States (President Roosevelt)
- Ottoman Empire (Sultan Abdul Hamid III)
- Kingdom of Italy (Victor Emmanuel III)

Minors
- Netherlands (Wilhelmina)
- Belgium (Leopold II)
- Spain (Alfonso XIII)
- Portugal (Carlos I)
- China (Guangxu)
- Siam (Chulalongkorn)
- Mexico (Porfirio Diaz)
- Persia (Muzaffar al-Din Shah)

Dread Lords: renamed to Old Ones (Cthulhu)
Pirates!: renamed to Communists (Lenin)

Nothing fancy, mostly using custom portraits and logos for the races, and some random messing with the races' stats and abilities. No custom dialogue (all set to generic). No custom ships or tech trees (all Terran tech tree except Old Ones).Maybe I'll move Belgium into the majors and replace its spot in the minors with Sweden.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

:) Make sure Charles CXII gets OTT stats.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

EU: Rome is pretty great, combines the best of the EU series and CK very well, while still doing the period right.  As the Roxolani I have successfully conquered the decedent fools of the Bosphoran Kingdom and have run slave raids (all-cavalry armies to defeat barbarians and bring back slaves) as far as the Suebi and Dacians and Caucasian Albania in the East.  However, I just changed the government to Military Republic and my great leader lost an election, took control of the army, and declare a civil war.  I'm playing as the great leader and am having some difficulty, as sieges are a bitch with all cav armies. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."