Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2014, 09:59:37 AM
No, it's single player turn based with hex map.

Ah yes, I remember seeing some of those screens but didn't remember what the game was called.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

katmai still wears parachute pants.  They just so happen to be the 82nd Airborne's.

lustindarkness

Warning, do not download Minecraft. What little life I had left has been replaced by mining for diamonds. :(

Stupid me. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 12, 2014, 09:46:34 AM
Warning, do not download Minecraft. What little life I had left has been replaced by mining for diamonds. :(

Stupid me. <_<

Go to the next step like my 12 year old nephew. Watch people play Minecraft on Youtube.

I JUST DONT GET IT.

Grey Fox

I don't watch Minecraft videos on youtube but I watch Dwarf Fortress videos.

I like the game, I just can't play it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

I can only play DF with a graphics mod. Otherwise :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I like the occasional "Let's Play", especially if it's a game I try getting into and have no idea where to start.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
I also watch Banished videos.

I do too, but that's different because the game isn't out yet.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Iormlund on February 06, 2014, 12:50:09 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on February 04, 2014, 09:20:49 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 03, 2014, 12:23:21 PM
DOTA 2 - it's fast, action-only, fairly well balanced

Yep been playing this game way too long....

About to hit 2000 games.   :blush:

I've played about 200 games. I suck, but most of my mates suck even more, some incredibly so.

I pretty much exclusively play supports. I kind of gravitated towards the role because all my friends are terrible at it -- they won't ward, ever, and spend their money in Aghs for Lina or Lion instead of Mek, Force ...

I mostly use Kotl (for the annoying lane phase and one-man counter-push) and Tree (100% win rate after Living Armor nerf!) but also some Lich, Dark Seer and Veno (not very successfully).
Lately I pick Bane for the awesome disables, though it's pretty high skill cap.
From time to time I'll pick Ogre Magi for shits and giggles.
Been thinking of trying support Doom (armor creep, Mek, Pipe, Shiva's, Drums, maybe Necro), since he can both get items and shut down pretty much any annoying hero (say Slark, Weaver, fed carry ...).

I like watching pro games as well, maybe even more than playing.

Supports are always welcome, and I think it is best to start out the game learning support.  Carry, in my opinion, is more rewarding but also the whole team hinges on them so it is less forgiving at times. I have a group that I generally play with and I usually play the one, but our 4 and 5 are really good at supporting in general and its always a wonderful thing.

Watching pro games is a great way to learn, honestly even when you're at 300 wins of 600 games( everyone seems to stay around a 50% win rate, which is probably a good thing) you will think you finally get the game and are 'good', but once you get to 500 and 700 wins you'll realize, "Man, I didn't know anything then!".  It's a great game, really fun and rewarding, but man the games do take forever...

Check out Crystal Maiden, she's arguably the best support in the game right now.  Not sure how I feel about a support doom, don't see it too often, but your mileage may vary.  :cheers:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain