News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I've played some LEGO Marvel Superheroes which I picked up during the recent Steam sale for 50% off.

Hilarious. And possibly the best LEGO game yet - the LEGO style suits itself well to the superhero comic book topic, and they've grabbed pretty much most known voice actors, many of them reprising roles from the various animated series. Comes with a total of 150 Marvel characters to unlock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Marvel_Super_Heroes#Characters
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

After going through 100+ hours of linear & redundant Civ V I finally bought Skyrim Legendary (bundle of the base game + all 3 updates).  I must say it's quite entertaining so far.  I rolled a Nord male and I'm now in Morrowind to discover who is this Mikaar? who wants to have me killed.  Any mod worth getting?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

I just looked and I have a lot... skyrim nexus and then looking at the most popular can give you some good ideas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Heh, yeah playing it through steam and with steam workshop i have 87 mods on.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2014, 01:20:36 PM
After going through 100+ hours of linear & redundant Civ V

That's a lot of time with a game you don't seem to enjoy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2014, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2014, 01:20:36 PM
After going through 100+ hours of linear & redundant Civ V

That's a lot of time with a game you don't seem to enjoy.

I kept hoping I could make what it's not through the Editor tool...  This game will never cease to be a tactical wargame masquerading as a grand strategy game...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Quote from: fhdz on January 06, 2014, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 06, 2014, 01:13:42 AM
Quote from: fhdz on January 05, 2014, 03:32:29 PM
Any of you folks preorder the Banner Saga?

I KSed it.  Still waiting.  So close...

Yar. A unique travel mechanic, turn based tactical play, and some KoDP flavor? TAKE MY MONEY

Been following that one for a long time; didn't pull the trigger during its Kickstarter but I am definitely glad I pre-ordered.

The other one I'm really excited about which comes out right around the same time is Nidhogg.
What's the plotline like?  How heavy is the KoDP flavor?  Are we talking a seasoning or full on talking ducks?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

I'm going to be fucking pissed if there aren't any kind of sapient waterfowl, Fahdiz. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

I guess I'll have to figure out how to live with myself. :P
and the horse you rode in on

Queequeg

Why'd you remove the vowels? Is Fahdiz a semitic word?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Hoping the newly announced Alien:Isolation is decent after the abortion that was Alien Colonial Marines.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

I am going to take a hiatus from gaming for a while.  I have played the games I liked into the ground - Path of Exile, EU4 and  Conquest: Conquistadors.  I think I might pick EU4 up again after a few months to give them time to patch the new content. 

fhdz

Dear gods, Nidhogg is soooo good.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.