And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on January 01, 2014, 01:48:45 AM
I finally finished FTL

Very nice.  I played FTL a bit and never even got close to the end, much less beating it.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2014, 03:13:45 AM
I finally finished FTL

Very nice.  I played FTL a bit and never even got close to the end, much less beating it.

I did on easy.  You really need those weapon pre-igniters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

King's Bounty the Legend, thanks to a GOG.com sale. The Mac port is not exactly optimised, far from it, but it works.

fhdz

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2014, 03:13:45 AM
I finally finished FTL

Yeah. I play often but have never come close.
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

In FTL the last boss is so counter-intuitive. Kill off its crew and it becomes impossible to beat.
I thought I messed it up in the last sector when I wasn't paying attention and got one of my mantis boarding team killed. My rock substitute pulled through however.
I had so much scrap by the end, was able to get my power fully updated and the game became a case of constant switching of systems being powered up - full health med bay, less to engines and no oxygen for quick bursts of healing, etc...
Hell, the game itself involves doing the opposite of what it tells you, you have to seek out as much combat as you can
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Anyone know any good new BioWarey plot heavy RPGs?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on January 04, 2014, 10:37:50 PM
Anyone know any good new BioWarey plot heavy RPGs?

Sure, Bioware made a whole bunch of them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Any of you folks preorder the Banner Saga?

crazy canuck

I have been playing a bunch of Path of Exile lately.  I am playing in the hardcore Nemisis league.  I think my favourite builds so far are the traditional EK with Arctic Armour and lately the new Flameblast.   

sbr

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2013, 12:30:07 AM
I'm reasonably happy with my Razor Naga, been using it for almost 2 years now.

It's especially handy for any game with rebindable keys and (obviously) MMOs, because it basically has a NUMPAD grafted to its side (you can choose for it to either emulate NUMPAD or the twelve number/symbol keys on top of your keyboard.

The two extra buttons you see on the left are defaulting to back/forward in my browser, though I think you can reprogram them.

I ended up going with the Logitech G600:

I couldn't find anywhere to actually try them out, but from feeling them up in the box I liked the side buttons on this one better, seemed easier to find the right one in a hurry.  It was also on sale for $20 off.  I like it so far but I have been in a bit of a gaming rut and haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces.

Habbaku

Quote from: fhdz on January 05, 2014, 03:32:29 PM

I KSed it.  Still waiting.  So close...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Honestly, I find it amazing that games that were kickstarted are now actually being released.  The whole concept seems insane to me, but it seems to work.

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on January 06, 2014, 01:13:42 AM
Quote from: fhdz on January 05, 2014, 03:32:29 PM

I KSed it.  Still waiting.  So close...

Yar. A unique travel mechanic, turn based tactical play, and some KoDP flavor? TAKE MY MONEY

Been following that one for a long time; didn't pull the trigger during its Kickstarter but I am definitely glad I pre-ordered.

The other one I'm really excited about which comes out right around the same time is Nidhogg.

Grey Fox

I'll be buying BS when it comes out, yes.

I don't pre-order, pre-access or KS games.

I test for a living, I am not doing it on my leasure time!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 02:50:51 AM
Honestly, I find it amazing that games that were kickstarted are now actually being released.  The whole concept seems insane to me, but it seems to work.
It is nice to see more and more come to fruition.

No movement on elite however...
██████
██████
██████