And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Alpha Centaur-best game ever made?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on August 13, 2013, 10:11:49 PM
Alpha Centaur-best game ever made?

Game blew me away when I was in highschool.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2013, 03:55:05 PMI found that the biggest issue seemed to be if I used the other (better) setting for hair so that Lara's hairy started flowing.  Really? A hair modification is what brings down my frame rate? :lol:

Good-looking hair is very taxing. When I did 3D rendering I usually did an extra pass solely for fur and hair and worked them into the scene later in composition.

Also, why is motion blur an option? I briefly had that turned on and started feeling sick to my stomach.

It's always been used in TV/video to blend one frame with the next (otherwise having just 24/25 frames per second would be very noticeable).

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on August 16, 2013, 11:22:02 AM
Good-looking hair is very taxing. When I did 3D rendering I usually did an extra pass solely for fur and hair and worked them into the scene later in composition.

Gotcha, well I'm going to keep that turned off as I don't need her to have following hair.

Quote from: Iormlund on August 16, 2013, 11:22:02 AM
It's always been used in TV/video to blend one frame with the next (otherwise having just 24/25 frames per second would be very noticeable).

:hmm: I don't recall getting sick watching TV/video. Though I do when looking at something like this.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/0/2/2/2/5/Blur2.png
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

It might be the tuning. Or there might some other contributing factors that are not present at traditional PAL/NTSC films/broadcasts. For example, I get really sick playing Source games with default Field of View settings.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2013, 11:25:47 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2013, 09:59:51 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2013, 02:21:19 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2013, 12:53:04 AM
Been playing with a weird indy game, Papers, Please.

With full VGA graphics, you are a border inspector in 1982 in the eastern European country of Artstotzka.  Your job is to inspect the paperwork of incoming people to make sure that they meet full official Arstotzkan requirements, no matter what.

I love the idea of this game... I'm just not sure I love the game.  Further play is required.

I will put up a review of it on Wednesday on my blog. I played it most of yesterday afternoon, and it's made me think a fair bit.

Give a concise version here - don't make me wait till Wednesday.  I'm curious what someone else thought about the game.

I found it surprisingly easy to slip into "just doing my job" mentality.

you know that`s kind of creepy coming from a german  :lol:

Tamas

But more importantly: one of the characters in that game is apparently named "Viktor Orban"  :lol:

Tamas

The Brain

Played D&D: Chronicles of Mystara with friends and had a blast.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2013, 12:53:04 AM
Been playing with a weird indy game, Papers, Please.

With full VGA graphics, you are a border inspector in 1982 in the eastern European country of Artstotzka.  Your job is to inspect the paperwork of incoming people to make sure that they meet full official Arstotzkan requirements, no matter what.

I love the idea of this game... I'm just not sure I love the game.  Further play is required.

Anthem of Arstotzka. Arstotzka has spawned a weird little fan community.  :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GWyd7vhj0
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2013, 05:46:11 PM
Played D&D: Chronicles of Mystara with friends and had a blast.

Considered getting this, but don't have any friends. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2013, 07:20:05 PM
Considered getting this, but don't have any friends. :(

Not even in your head?  :(