News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
Finally something for the fellas who like fellas. I might have to finally breakdown and by an xbox.

Make sure to get a rainbow face plate for it :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

bought two old used ps2 games yesterday

Godfather  :thumbsup: - Fucking awesome. great atmosphere...undifficult controls, gameplay. I really like this game (very early still in the game mind you) and it has Brando's voice!
and

Max Payne 2 - Controls = :bleeding:  stupid moving the camera at the same time as you are moving - far beyond my sad motor control abilities, also too similar to first Max Payne visually, not much improvement)
:p

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 14, 2009, 11:52:10 AM
Godfather  :thumbsup: - Fucking awesome. great atmosphere...undifficult controls, gameplay. I really like this game (very early still in the game mind you) and it has Brando's voice!

Godfather was a good game.  Better than Mafia, at least as far as the PS2 goes.

I just got done playing this horrid alt history/WWII shooter for the 360 called Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.  There's actually a lot of game potential IMO for a Nazi invasion of the US, but these game designers made all the wrong moves.

IIRC, the game came out last year & flopped big time.  It has a tendency to freeze up the console for no good reason, terrible hit detection, and a clunky-as-hell feel to it.  There is very little story to it, and you find out next to nothing about your character's story.

Having said all that, I did get *some* enjoyment out of it (I'm probably the only guy here who has not gotten bored with WWII shooters).  I only paid $15 for it at Microcenter, and it was the "Collector's Edition" with a cool metal case, "making of" DVD, art booklet, and a poster with the alt history timeline the game is based upon.  I peeled back the 3 or 4 markdown price tags, and saw that the original price was $79.99 :D :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Pedrito

Reinstalled Baldur's Gate 2 with Throne of Bhaal and a fuckload of mods.

I am: nostalgic.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

barkdreg

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2009, 10:43:48 PM
I just got done playing this horrid alt history/WWII shooter for the 360 called Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.  There's actually a lot of game potential IMO for a Nazi invasion of the US, but these game designers made all the wrong moves.

IIRC, the game came out last year & flopped big time.  It has a tendency to freeze up the console for no good reason, terrible hit detection, and a clunky-as-hell feel to it.  There is very little story to it, and you find out next to nothing about your character's story.

Having said all that, I did get *some* enjoyment out of it (I'm probably the only guy here who has not gotten bored with WWII shooters).  I only paid $15 for it at Microcenter, and it was the "Collector's Edition" with a cool metal case, "making of" DVD, art booklet, and a poster with the alt history timeline the game is based upon.  I peeled back the 3 or 4 markdown price tags, and saw that the original price was $79.99 :D :D

I bought the PC-version for 5 euro. can't play it thanks to crappy copyprotection

Josquius

I've just got a hold of the Witcher from a friend, its been on my to play list for a while.
It seems alright.
The combat system I don't understand though, seems to be just click as fast as you can and the enemy miraculously looses hp without you actually slashing him. Odd.

QuoteReinstalled Baldur's Gate 2 with Throne of Bhaal and a fuckload of mods.

L.
I've done that a few times before but I always get bored early, the beginning of the game just sucks big style.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2009, 11:08:56 AM
QuoteReinstalled Baldur's Gate 2 with Throne of Bhaal and a fuckload of mods.

L.
I've done that a few times before but I always get bored early, the beginning of the game just sucks big style.

IIRC I found somewhere a mod called "Dungeon-Be-Gone" that, when installed, lets you start the game from [BEWARE HEAVY SPOILERS] immediately outside Irenicus' dungeon, and giving you all the items, magical and normal, you would have collected while escaping from the dungeon; it makes you start after the cutscene [BEWARE BEWARE IMMENSE SPOILERS COMING NEXT] when Imoen is evicted by the Cowled Wizards together with Irenicus.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Just finished Sacred 2 with a Shadow Warrior. OK mindless killing with several ridiculous features.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Seen

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2009, 10:43:48 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 14, 2009, 11:52:10 AM

Godfather was a good game.  Better than Mafia, at least as far as the PS2 goes
Cant judge about the PS2 but PC wise the godfather was far inferior over Mafia. And I doubt a port can change a game that much...

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2009, 11:08:56 AM
I've just got a hold of the Witcher from a friend, its been on my to play list for a while.
It seems alright.
The combat system I don't understand though, seems to be just click as fast as you can and the enemy miraculously looses hp without you actually slashing him. Odd.

Really?  This has been on my bargain-bin shopping list for a long time but if that i show combat works I may not even look in the scrap heap for it.

FunkMonk

Just bought Ghostbusters for the XBox 360.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

HoI 2- Hungary. I have no idea why.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alatriste

Had to restart my Oblivion campaign due to an obnoxious glitch: I entered Miscarcand before I was supposed to and got the über Varda stone before Martin told me to get it: in consequence

a) The King of Miscarcand, that clown, and his zombies attacked me just after I had fast travelled to Bravil... I didn't know what was happening, but the Guards and the law abiding citizens sure did and the aggressors were all dealt with quickly!

b) Jauffre attacks me as soon as the Martin-Countess of Bruma conversation is over, doesn't accept my "surrender" and is killed by the other characters. Reloading doesn't change a thing (?)

c) Poor Martin doesn't use armour or weapons and is killed swiftly once and again in Bruma's defence.

Lesson learnt? Always buy the PC version. Sigh...

I have bought Morrowind (PC version, some expansions included) for 4.95 euros...