News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Tamas on February 18, 2013, 04:36:26 PM
Altough micro and map graphics did turn me off again eventually, I actually had some pretty good fun with heavily modded MOO3 not so long ago.

It has staggering details (planets are divided into several zones with different attributes for example), but you can -much like in DW- decide to concentrate on what you want. Or to be more precise, you are supposed to concentrate on what a strategic leader would and just create plans for your governors.

I am forever angry at the fucking micromanage-fetished control freak nerds who with their pre-release whining destroyed the original design idea behind MOO3, where you had command points to spend to do shit, and instead had the devs do what was released

I liked MOO3's over all concepts also. Less micromanagement and the economy/resources. It's been a long time since I played so I forget a lot of it. It really got mixed reviews but I feel the concept was good. It came out when so many other games had so much micromanagement and it bucked that trend, which was a good thing IMO.

Razgovory

Battlefront is releasing a Commonwealth Forces pack for Fortress Italy.  Still no French! :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 19, 2013, 01:57:29 PM
Battlefront is releasing a Commonwealth Forces pack for Fortress Italy.  Still no French! :mad:

I gave up on Battlefront a long time ago.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2013, 01:58:45 PM

Why?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on February 19, 2013, 02:47:03 PM

Why?

They rub me the wrong way. Just like Matrix does.

Still love the old CM games though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

French suck anyway. I wish they'd release a Jew/Camel Humper series ala '48-'73
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2013, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 19, 2013, 02:47:03 PM

Why?

They rub me the wrong way. Just like Matrix does.

Ptooey.  You just don't like to work.

QuoteStill love the old CM games though.

Were the new releases by Matrix ever worth it?

11B4V

If your talking OST Front...it was good. Different interface from CM. I went back to CM because of the larger community.

Josquius

I think I just finished Red Dead Redemption.
Well....that was....different. And a downer.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

There's a lot to dislike about Battlefront.  They don't really do mod support and they overprice their products.  Because those products are rarely on other direct to download sites it's hard to find deals.  They used to be really stingy with patches as well.  In fact, their biggest problem is their imperious attitude toward their fan base.  Compare this to Pdox, which has done a really good job of cultivating a fan base (present company excluded).  Still, you want the best tactical games in town, you go to them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Holy shit, I'm having an indie gaming renaissance.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on February 20, 2013, 03:27:17 PM
Holy shit, I'm having an indie gaming renaissance.

Yeah.  2012 was a great year for the indies.  Best year for PC gaming in a long time.  I'm really impressed.

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2013, 04:29:43 PM
Yeah.  2012 was a great year for the indies.  Best year for PC gaming in a long time.  I'm really impressed.

:yes:
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2013, 01:02:14 AM

I liked the zombie add-on.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2013, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2013, 01:02:14 AM

I liked the zombie add-on.
I have that (GOTY edition) and it does look really interesting. Think I'm going to give it a break and play something else first though.

To that end I tried to finally get around to playing LA Noir (PC version). It installs...but the bloody thing doesn't run. Doesn't even try to. Aaaaagh! :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████