News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Assassins Creed III

I like it. A worthy successor to Ass II and AssBro.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Scipio

Max Payne 3 and Dishonored.  Also Mark of the Ninja.

Pretty amazing games, especially at sale prices.  MP3 is multi-ficky-fick hard.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Drakken

Quote from: Razgovory on November 26, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
I thought of that game as something like 12 0'clock high, a game no sane person could possibly complete.

After playing and tinkering with the game for a few turns, it still doesn't compare to 12 0'clock high or WITP:AE in terms of sheer micromanagement hell. Even when playing the Russian steamroller.

I'm starting to get a hold of things, so I could be able to start a AAR. It would just be a very, very, very long and slow one.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2012, 12:38:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 26, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
I thought of that game as something like 12 0'clock high, a game no sane person could possibly complete.

12 O'Clock High is relatively playable if you
- play as Allies
- just give general directives (attack refineries, attack targets in Hamburg area etc.)
- leave the rest to AI
- do something else while the turn is calculating

Playing as Germans or planning every bombing sortie yourself? Possibly more of a chore than playing WitPAE.

That's a lot of caveats for being "relatively playable".  I kinda admire an attempt do something like that, but you really only make a game for Ide and Arthur Harris.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Got nostalgic and had time to kill so I did a playthrough of Fallout 3.  Went through & did some side quests I had neglected before, particularly in Point Lookout where I had originally just sped through the main storyline.  Was almost like playing a new game. 

Wish they'd get a new Fallout out to us soon :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 26, 2012, 07:07:08 PM
Fuck if I know.  I never bought that one.  I knew that one had train wreck written all over it.  In fact, I think trains played a major part in the game.

:thumbsup:

Oh, well the first one had a certain charm.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Finally started playing X-Com. Gonna have all chick squads.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2012, 07:13:45 PM

And just one guy, who never fights, named "Charlie", right?  :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 29, 2012, 07:55:58 PM

And just one guy, who never fights, named "Charlie", right?  :P

:whistle:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

If you buy it off steam there actually an achievement for that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2012, 01:15:51 PM
Got nostalgic and had time to kill so I did a playthrough of Fallout 3.  Went through & did some side quests I had neglected before, particularly in Point Lookout where I had originally just sped through the main storyline.  Was almost like playing a new game. 

Wish they'd get a new Fallout out to us soon :mellow:

Did you ever get New Vegas?  I'm playing through that one again right now.  A big improvement over Fallout 3.

sbr

I've got a pretty good CivV (with the new expansion) game going.  it is my first real attempt at CivV.

It is ~1820.  I am the US and I have 12 cities (3 are puppets). There are only 3 other civilizations left; Aztecs with 3 cities; Austria with 6 cities and Japan with 22 cities.  It's a continent map and I just discovered the Japs/Austrians in the last 100 years or so.  The Aztecs and I have shared one continent since the beginning.  I wiped out the Russians and Ottomans early on and have been pretty peaceful since, outside of a quick puppet/annex of a City State to see how that worked.

WWI just broke out.  Japan backstabbed and declared war on me; Austria and 4 of the 13 remaining City States up-held our friendship agreement/alliances and declared on Japan.  The Aztecs, who have hated me for a 1000 years now, jumped on me too.  The Aztecs are pitiful technologically, they are still running with Classic Era units-Jagaur Warriors and Composite Bowmen while I have cannons, riflemen and cavalry.  I am hoping to take the one Japanese city on my continent, then smash the Aztecs before the Japs can overwhelm me with quality and quantity.

Grey Fox

That's alot of cities! I've never gotten more then 6. Even tried a once city chalenge once.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.