News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Played a few hours of Marvel Nemesis last night. topped out the Thing adventures... easy Smash smash smash. Finding Wolverine harder to control what with all the extra thumbs I seem to have wwhen it comes to console gaming. Can't get past his first "Boss" a BAMF-er type who just kicks my ass as I can't get the combos right to do all the cool Wolvie stuff.

I like the play in general... but wish there were more variation of Marvel character earlier on... Versus is kinda boring... but I may have to use it more to figure out Logan.
:p

Syt

OOTP 10 became available for preorders yesterday.

I also picked up Sims 3 (because I suck).

And ArmA II.

I should take a vacation to play those games. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I need to start learning German.

I need good German-only games to motivate me. I need tips. Arma2 is one I guess.

BuddhaRhubarb

Bored with my ps2 games after 2 days of playing again. Marvel Nemesis is annoying. Wolverine too difficult for me to play. I need simple controls. Ended up playing a few rounds of WWF Legends... 70's style... Baron Von Rasche kicking ass and taking names. Beat Volkoff, Nature Boy, and Billy Graham. Now that's button mashing. :p

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2009, 04:29:47 AM
Any Yanks got Sims 3 yet?
My sisters have it (both age 8), not motivated enough to borrow it from them. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2009, 11:23:37 AM
I need to start learning German.

I need good German-only games to motivate me. I need tips. Arma2 is one I guess.

Has English voices, though (all text German; can be modded).

You could start with games that you've played in English and that are cheap. With regards to localization, saty away from Paradox games; big budget titles are usually ok these days (Mass Effect, Fallout 3), though I still prefer the original. Actually, Mass Effect comes with multiple (spoken) languages - including German and English - on one disk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2009, 12:43:31 AM

Got it - started playing a historical starting in 1969.  Want to see if the option for basing stamina on career fixes the pitcher stamina bug.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 04, 2009, 12:14:00 PM
Bored with my ps2 games after 2 days of playing again. Marvel Nemesis is annoying. Wolverine too difficult for me to play. I need simple controls. Ended up playing a few rounds of WWF Legends... 70's style... Baron Von Rasche kicking ass and taking names. Beat Volkoff, Nature Boy, and Billy Graham. Now that's button mashing. :p
Your mistake is trying to play Wolverine.  The game assumes you're a fanboy, and thus ratchets up the difficulty in an effort to chase you away.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 04, 2009, 08:27:53 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 04, 2009, 12:14:00 PM
Your mistake is trying to play Wolverine.  The game assumes you're a fanboy, and thus ratchets up the difficulty in an effort to chase you away.

But you have to play Wolverine to get to Iron Man etc. I want to get drunk and repulsor blast as many baddies as possible.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2009, 01:39:20 PM
Never mind, crashes when trying to create a campaign.

Found my error .... forgot to select an opponent army.  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

couldn't find any reasonably priced used games at stores downtown etc yesterday. :( started a new LOTR 3rd age game and did a whole section I missed the first time through. After finishing that, though it was starting to get repetive. so I quit. gamed out. Need new stimulation. will buy a few new games soon.

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 04, 2009, 01:58:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2009, 12:43:31 AM

Got it - started playing a historical starting in 1969.  Want to see if the option for basing stamina on career fixes the pitcher stamina bug.

How do you play your game, btw? Do you play out the matches or do you sim? Personally, I'd love playing out all games, but if you want to play more than one season it's a bit of a challenge. :lol:

Is one swing batting a good option?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

Assassin's Creed DE on the PC.  What a pretty game.  A shame that the gameplay turns into a serious grind.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2009, 04:15:38 AM
How do you play your game, btw? Do you play out the matches or do you sim?
No consistent method.  I usually at least tweak the lineups.  Often I will auto run a bunch of innings.  If it is still close in the 7th or so, I will take over the rest of the game; I let the comp play out the blowouts. 

QuoteIs one swing batting a good option? 

I never use it.  I don't think the engine is really optimized for it.  Diamond Mind is probably a better choice for a pitch-by-pitch game, although its developer is killing the game.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on June 08, 2009, 09:16:36 AM
Assassin's Creed DE on the PC.  What a pretty game.  A shame that the gameplay turns into a serious grind.

Does your game slow down every 75 seconds too?

Stupid port. (I know how to fix it, I just find it stupid) I gave shit to the QA leader for it, he probably didn't read the email tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.