News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2012, 12:35:48 PM
I need to find what are the steps to fool Steam via proxy server. I thought I could play the civ5 expansion tomorrow, but it won't be out for Europeans until Friday. WTF.
I would do it not to pay prices in EUR  :blush:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Syt

Replayed the 2008 election in President Forever 2008 (2012 is in the works, but a bit form finished, so I picked this one instead which has plenty mods (1860, 1960, 1964 etc.). Played as Mitt Romney. I tore through the primaries on a platform of Integrity, Leadership and Iraq War (We have successfully liberated Iraq. We must train security forces in Iraq and maintain our presence there.). Obama won against Clinton in the Democrat primaries - was an ugly dirt slinging contest. Obama picked McCaskill as running mate.

I picked Mark Sanford as VP candidate. It was a close campaign, stymied for Romney by a scandal that was in the headlines for two weeks (unfortunately, the game doesn't specify what kind of scandal). In the end, Romney was near physical collapse and the campaign funds desperately exhausted. In the end it wasn't enough. Obama/McCaskill win 2008:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Omg, Obama stole the election! Romney had more votes!

Syt

What with the temperatures and my reading a book about ancient Egypt I've played Children of the Nile again a bit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Still have Time of Fury (or Wrath? Which is the latest?) to play, so I don't need another WW2 grand strategy at the moment.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Against the advice of Dguller, I bought Tropico 3 and have been playing it quite a bit.  Steam has logged me as playing it 69 hours.  I did the last mission of the classic campaign which was to get a happiness of at least 65%.  I achieved this, the game said I lost anyway.  It was Dec 0f 1974 and and I had 65% happiness and it was the same in Jan of 1965 but the game still wouldn't count it as victory.  Goddamn it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2012, 11:25:39 AM
Any of you ass choads playing this?:

http://wastelands-interactive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114&Itemid=74

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3201/pc-game-review-strategic-war-in-europe

Looks ugly but its only 15 bucks(or 5 bags of beets for you central Europeans)

I am itching to buy it. It is the light version of Time of Fury, and it appears that due to that, the AI can actually manage it.

Grey Fox

Civ V without the expension.

I'm doing a One city Challenge has Greece(random). It's 1951 & I'm not going to win, I just want to make sure I survive until the end. Obviously, I only have 1 city & my military isn't that big. Well for some god damn shit reason after turn of 1950, everyone declared war on me.

I wonder if any, except India, is going to be able to do anything about it. I wish I had a Navy :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Have a Civ V game going as Siam, it is close to the point of being a forgone conclusion that I'll win one way or the other, except militarily. Still trying to get this new system down.

I downloaded Death knights and Dark Queen of Krynn. Thinking about doing the Gold Box games again.
PDH!

Syt

Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Very linear, short campaign (5-7 hours depending on difficulty), but IMHO great story and very atmospheric.

It's loosely modelled after Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now, only in modern Dubai burried under the aftermath of a cataclysmic sandstorm. Surreal and beautiful at times, horrific and very dark at other times. Certainly one of the darker shooters I've played; it tries to be Coppola to Call of Duty's Michael Bay. Nice touch: the further the game progresses the more battered you and your squad mates look.

If you can get it cheap and want a shooter with a storyline that goes way beyond good guys vs. bad guys then give this a go. Not recommended for fahdiz due to strong content. Don't let the demo put you off - the game starts as your run of the mill military shooter, but descends pretty deep into madness.

Also: great soundtrack - from Jimi Hendrix' rendition of the national anthem in the menu screen to Deep Purple's Hush or Verdi's Dies Irae.

I'll certainly replay it to re-do some (minor. non-ending effecting) choices during the game and also for a different post-credits ending, but for now I need a break from it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on July 08, 2012, 06:17:56 AM
Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Very linear, short campaign (5-7 hours depending on difficulty), but IMHO great story and very atmospheric.

It's loosely modelled after Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now, only in modern Dubai burried under the aftermath of a cataclysmic sandstorm. Surreal and beautiful at times, horrific and very dark at other times. Certainly one of the darker shooters I've played; it tries to be Coppola to Call of Duty's Michael Bay. Nice touch: the further the game progresses the more battered you and your squad mates look.

If you can get it cheap and want a shooter with a storyline that goes way beyond good guys vs. bad guys then give this a go. Not recommended for fahdiz due to strong content. Don't let the demo put you off - the game starts as your run of the mill military shooter, but descends pretty deep into madness.

Also: great soundtrack - from Jimi Hendrix' rendition of the national anthem in the menu screen to Deep Purple's Hush or Verdi's Dies Irae.

I'll certainly replay it to re-do some (minor. non-ending effecting) choices during the game and also for a different post-credits ending, but for now I need a break from it.

thanks! I'll grab it when it goes on discount

CountDeMoney

Syt

One caveat: there's currently two groups of customers:

- ZOMG BESTEST STORY IN A GAME EVAH!
- The game forces your hand too much, offers meaningless choices and its "war is hell" message clashes with the fact you kill hundreds of enemies.

The shooty bits won't win prizes, but the story and atmosphere kept me playing and intrigued. IMO it's a good buy at 10$ when it goes on sale. Probably also works best if you go into the game with as few spoilers as possible.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2012, 04:31:50 PM
Replayed the 2008 election in President Forever 2008 (2012 is in the works, but a bit form finished, so I picked this one instead which has plenty mods (1860, 1960, 1964 etc.). Played as Mitt Romney. I tore through the primaries on a platform of Integrity, Leadership and Iraq War (We have successfully liberated Iraq. We must train security forces in Iraq and maintain our presence there.). Obama won against Clinton in the Democrat primaries - was an ugly dirt slinging contest. Obama picked McCaskill as running mate.

I picked Mark Sanford as VP candidate. It was a close campaign, stymied for Romney by a scandal that was in the headlines for two weeks (unfortunately, the game doesn't specify what kind of scandal). In the end, Romney was near physical collapse and the campaign funds desperately exhausted. In the end it wasn't enough. Obama/McCaskill win 2008:

Weird,  My brother is fairly good friends with McCaskill's daughter.  Used to go over to her house all the time before Claire got elected to Senate. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017