News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I though left 4 dead was pretty good at what it was suppose to be. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2012, 08:09:33 AM
Apparently, a Hungarian guy has been making a SAM-simulator, and the latest version includes nuclear warhead-tipped launches as well. More info here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/20/the-flare-path-nukes-and-rebukes/#more-104688

Yeah I saw that.  Weird.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jaron

I've been playing Legend of Grimrock on the recommendation of a buddy from work. I'm enjoying it, although I don't really like the combat much.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2012, 04:22:53 PM
I though left 4 dead was pretty good at what it was suppose to be.

Yeah L4D was fun in a cartoonish way. Didn't mean to slight it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Scipio

The Walking Dead game is great.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on April 29, 2012, 09:57:27 AM

It is pretty good - much better than I thought.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2012, 11:07:54 AM

It's on the level of Telltale's best- Poker Night at the Inventory, StrongBad's, and the Back to the Future Games. 
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

sbr

Is there anything to Poker Night besides the poker game?  I played it for about 30 minutes and it was not very good as a poker game.

Scipio

Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2012, 02:00:22 PM
Is there anything to Poker Night besides the poker game?  I played it for about 30 minutes and it was not very good as a poker game.
A lot of inside jokes.  Hats and shit like that.

As a poker game, it's pretty poor.  But all video poker games are pretty poor.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2012, 02:00:22 PM

It's mostly for the dialog.  You can get the same thing by just watching Youtube videos.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcJtbUeMRs8&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_709187 

"MAKE A CALM AND RATIONAL DECISION!"

frunk

Guild Wars 2 Beta.  I like it, quite a bit, with reservations.

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on April 29, 2012, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2012, 11:07:54 AM

It's on the level of Telltale's best- Poker Night at the Inventory, StrongBad's, and the Back to the Future Games. 

I tried the Jurassic Park one. That was painful. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I just started playing Civ 5 again. I haven't really played it much, though I've had the game since it cam out.  I kind of got bored with it before I guess. Liking it ok now, so I'll see how it goes.

katmai

Toy Soldiers, fun little tower defense game.
Skyrim
World of Tanks
Eve online.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son