Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Dammit Arx Fatalis keeps crashing on me. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

Is it running via dosbox, ie. its a GOG.com release? If not, have you tried running in a compatibility mode?

if it's GOG, check the game's page for the user reviews they may mention a solution.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2012, 09:33:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

Is it running via dosbox, ie. its a GOG.com release? If not, have you tried running in a compatibility mode?

if it's GOG, check the game's page for the user reviews they may mention a solution.

Tis Steam.  I am going to try to activate the compatibility mode.  The game came out in 2002 so, I don't think Dos Box would help.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Scipio

ME3 is good except for the ending.  The most satisfying shooter experience I've had in a while.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on March 13, 2012, 04:43:10 PM
ME3 is good except for the ending. 

You probably didn't play online enough or grind the side missions and minigames to get the best ending. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2012, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 13, 2012, 04:43:10 PM
ME3 is good except for the ending. 

You probably didn't play online enough or grind the side missions and minigames to get the best ending. ;)

Study the ME3 thread, Syt :P

Grey Fox

While I was internet less I played Reckoning somewhat. 14h or so in. I like it, combat is really fun. I started with a Rogue but now I mostly use the might tree. Much more fun that way & faster. I have yet to try the Magic tree, I'm never a big magic user in any RPGs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Compatibility mode seems to have fixed my problem.  The quick save seems a bit touchy though.  I wasted an hour of game play I think since one of the quick saves didn't "take".  One thing I forgot about Arx is that you do a lot of back tracking.  I'm playing pure mage, which is fun.  You cast spells by moving the mouse around like the game Black and White.  Fortunately the spells are fairly powerful, so it's worth doing.  I throw a big fireball at someone, that pretty much does them in.

Grey Fox

Any of you guys wouldn't have or know someone who has a copy of Pokemon FireRed or LeafGreen & be willing to part with it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Winkelried

Master of Mana, a mod for Civ4 BtS. It's based on the Fall from Heaven mod and does a good job at filling the hole left by Master of Magic. It has global enchantments, battle spells, unit enchantments and terraforming. There is an incentive not to build tile improvements all over the place etc.

11B4V

Just installed Forge of Freedom.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Well I'm stuck in Arx.  I pick up some dead guys hat, and two liches pop up.  I've killed Liches by the bucket load, but these ones just don't want to die.  I've blasted them with every spell I have.  They just don't want to give up the ghost.

Razgovory

Defeated Akbaa and saved Arx (well, sort of saved it).  Got 41 hours out of the game, which isn't bad for 5 bucks.