News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm bored. One flaw in not keeping up with games anymore is when you get the itch, you don't know what the fuck to get.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2009, 06:58:16 PM
I'm bored. One flaw in not keeping up with games anymore is when you get the itch, you don't know what the fuck to get.

COD:Modern Combat 2 is released tonight at midnight.

Multiplayer's a bit limited, though.  Not only have they dispensed of dedicated servers, they'll only allow a max of 18 players.
All to placate the XBox/PS3 crowd.

FunkMonk

Yeah, they gimped MW2 for the PC, which is sad.

L4D2 is coming out the 17th. It seems to be a decent step-up from L4D. The demo was entertaining at least.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

When matrix does their yearly 50% off sale, I'm gonna get Carriers at War and sink some Japs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2009, 07:27:04 PM
Yeah, they gimped MW2 for the PC, which is sad.

L4D2 is coming out the 17th. It seems to be a decent step-up from L4D. The demo was entertaining at least.

I really enjoyed the demo.  I'm definitely getting it.  It's maybe one of the goriest games I've ever played.  I play FPSs cause I enjoy causing mayhem and destruction.

It's a shame about no dedicated servers for MW2.  I keep saying that PC gaming is a dying industry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2009, 07:06:56 PM

Multiplayer's a bit limited, though.  Not only have they dispensed of dedicated servers, they'll only allow a max of 18 players.

I think they're going to try to push paid for DLC map packs on to the PC.  By removing dedicated servers they can remove free player made content and force multiplayer users to buy their map packs if they want to keep playing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 10, 2009, 01:55:06 AM

I think they're going to try to push paid for DLC map packs on to the PC.  By removing dedicated servers they can remove free player made content and force multiplayer users to buy their map packs if they want to keep playing.

It should curtail the mod/hack squads.

Seen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 09, 2009, 01:04:01 PM
Will be playing some earlier games too, and mods if there are any interesting ones. Most that i've glanced at on the web seem to be for the expansions. which expansions do people love/hate for civ 4 and why?
Not really an issue. All improvements of the first expansion are included in the second (Beyond the Sword). Which is also my favorite expansion because of that reason  :P And it gives you a totally different game than vanilla...I think, since I forgot how vanilla played...

For mods Fall from Heaven is immensely popular but if you're more like me and like and enjoy a bit more realism try out Rise of Mankind. Its a mod that combines a lot of mods which will give you a third new civilization to learn but its great fun. More techs, units, civs and most important, a lot of new game elements like rebels forming nations and war actually influencing borders.

That should keep you busy till new year  :D

BuddhaRhubarb

ahh ok (Beyond the sword) I'm buying for Xmas then. I'm having to take a break from Civ (and gaming) until December. It's eating my time that I had set aside for Writing. December however will be so busy at work, all I will want to do is come home and play games/watch TV...

Thanks for the info Seen. :cheers:
:p

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 06:50:42 AM

As well as people who want to play multiplayer.  Was gonna buy this until I learned it was going to have shitty Xboxtard peer to peer multiplayer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2009, 06:50:42 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 10, 2009, 01:55:06 AM

teh crapbox version was hacked even before release  :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

FunkMonk

Amazon's Release-day arrival + Modern Warfare 2 + Half-day of work =  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

So wait, if i want to kill you homos in CDMW2 which platform am i buying it for?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on November 10, 2009, 04:11:17 PM
So wait, if i want to kill you homos in CDMW2 which platform am i buying it for?

I'm on PS3, may be the only one here. :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on November 10, 2009, 04:11:17 PM

360 or PS3.  PC gamers are boycotting it.  I hope  :angry: