News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

EUIII - MMP2 - bored of LotRO for now.  I have 2 alts in their 30s but the grind to make them supreme masters is too simply too much.  I'll get back to it when the next XPack - Siege of Mirkwood - comes out in december.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on October 26, 2009, 06:59:23 AM
Finally finishing mass effect :lol:
I didn't much care for the abrupt ending, but the game is definitely worth finishing... and then putting away, as the side quests suck really hard.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on October 26, 2009, 10:35:22 AM
I didn't much care for the abrupt ending, but the game is definitely worth finishing... and then putting away, as the side quests suck really hard.

I considered getting it.  I may still.  It's like System Shock 2 right/
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2009, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 26, 2009, 10:35:22 AM

I considered getting it.  I may still.  It's like System Shock 2 right/

I think you mean Dead Space.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

barkdreg

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2009, 06:51:06 AM
Been playing the Witcher.  It has something of a slow and uninteresting start.  Mostly I kill these bandits who have overrun this castle I apparently live in.  Though it's a dump.  I seem to be playing the polish version of Elric (who I didn't care for in the first place).  Also the game is Polish which explains why the guy has this weird shaped face like Marty.

As the game progresses the story will get more interesting. The castle is really more of a tutorial.

Razgovory

Yeah, I'm in a village now.  The whole game is a bit jarring in it's narrative.  Also nobody likes me.  Except Chicks.  Chicks throw themselves at me.  I guess this is why it's called a fantasy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Korea

Been playing the Witcher.  It has something of a slow and uninteresting start.  Mostly I kill these bandits who have overrun this castle I apparently live in.  Though it's a dump.  I seem to be playing the polish version of Elric (who I didn't care for in the first place).  Also the game is Polish which explains why the guy has this weird shaped face like Marty.

How does the combat work in that game?  The only PC rpg I've ever played is WoW.
I want my mother fucking points!

Razgovory

Quote from: Korea on October 26, 2009, 11:00:22 PM

How does the combat work in that game?  The only PC rpg I've ever played is WoW.

You click on someone and you it causes you to attack them.  If you click on them again during a special moment in your attack you attack him with a combo or something.  It's not all that interesting.

Syt

On the higher difficulty levels you'll also have to employ potions and elixirs to enhance your fighting abilities. Which, admittedly, is a lot closer to how it works in the book.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2009, 01:32:04 AM
On the higher difficulty levels you'll also have to employ potions and elixirs to enhance your fighting abilities. Which, admittedly, is a lot closer to how it works in the book.

Yeah, I can make potions.  I also can cast magic (well one spell).  Admittedly the setting is interesting (if not completely original), though I like being able to make my own character better.  I play exclusively in the over the shoulder mode.  The top down mode seems odd for a game with only one player.  Unfortunately alot of the characters look the same, though alot of the monsters are cool looking.  The game does have a good 15th late century look going on.  Regrettably no guns.  Gunpowder is a secret that was invented by a Gnome "Alfred Nabel". :rolleyes:  I noticed the character "Lambert" looks alot like the actor Christopher Lambert in the film Highlander...  Poles are a weird bunch.

BVN

Bought EUIII for €9.95 this weekend, so I'm trying to learn the game now.

HisMajestyBOB

I found a modded version of Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES that has the "NFL's greatest teams", according to the guy that made it: http://www.knobbe.org/mx/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10942

I played the 1972 Miami Dolphins against the 2007 New England Patriots. Despite New England scoring an early touchdown (and incompetently missing the extra point), I soon took and kept the lead. Grease is no Marino, but the Dolphins running game more than made up for it. The crowning moment was sacking Brady 4 times in a row, throwing an interception then sacking him for a safety at the very end of the game.

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

pfft they would both lose to the 1984 Niners :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Well, I finally finished Half-Life 2. A great game, but the ending was rather anti-climatic. Easy, even. I had no idea it was actually the end of the game, that is how not-ending like it seemed. I was surprised when the credits started rolling.

Still getting my ass kicked at Civ4.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2009, 10:09:17 AM
Well, I finally finished Half-Life 2. A great game, but the ending was rather anti-climatic. Easy, even. I had no idea it was actually the end of the game, that is how not-ending like it seemed. I was surprised when the credits started rolling.

Just wait until you play Episode 1--another non-ending.

Episode 2 is a cliffhanger.

Episode 3 will probably never see the light of day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien