Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

My Laventri Beria TF2 name skates by. I guess a mass murdering NKVD kiddie fucker is okay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

If anybody jumps into Darkest Hour, I'm CaptJohnBrown.  That way, I'm allowed to call people niggers.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 17, 2009, 07:30:00 AM
Warning to anyone who buys NWN2 and Storm of Zehir expansion pack.  I recently bought these and spent several hours playing each.  The expansion pack BREAKS the original campaign because of a bug, unless you download 400 megs of patches before you play, your game in the original campaign is lost once you hit the tavern in Neverwinter.  I lost several hours of game time because Obsidian was too lazy to test their expansion with the original game.  I don't understand how shit like this can get out the door.   :mad:

I just beat the original NWN2 campaign.  There was already one annoying bug that broke the game as is.  Apparently you are so fight some big monster at the end of the battle of crossroads keep.  But the the big monster doesn't get summoned.  I had to go to debug mode to skip the fight. <_<  I was very disappointed in the ending as well.  I have the Mask of the Betrayer expansion but I haven't played it yet.  I got to like my old NPCs.  I'm thinking of getting the Witcher and playing that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2009, 11:00:09 PM
I just beat the original NWN2 campaign.  There was already one annoying bug that broke the game as is.  Apparently you are so fight some big monster at the end of the battle of crossroads keep.  But the the big monster doesn't get summoned.  I had to go to debug mode to skip the fight. <_<  I was very disappointed in the ending as well.  I have the Mask of the Betrayer expansion but I haven't played it yet.  I got to like my old NPCs.  I'm thinking of getting the Witcher and playing that.

I don't remember having any problems during the keep battle when I first played it, hopefully won't this time.  Mask of the Betrayer is really good, NPCs are interesting too though not as many of them.  Storm of Zehir is pretty lame from the couple hours I spent playing it, but I'll give it another try after I finish the original campaign again.  There doesn't appear to be much of a story at all, though the overland map idea is interesting.

Lettow77

The missus adored Mask of the Betrayer, and I heard alot of noise about some paladin I disremember, and some other fellow. (Sorry that's so vague..)

I never played it myself, since its not Baldur's Gate 3 but infact Neverwinter Nights 2.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Galrion

Despised the MotB expansion.  SoZ I only played a little bit so I can't really comment.

Alatriste

Starting Suikoden V. As a game it seems far too easy (I wonder if I can lose a fight without actually trying to lose) but the story is really interesting for a change and lacks any Manichean division in black hearted villains and shiny spotless paladins. Some of your allies are truly a bunch of despicable weasels, and your own mother the Queen is prone to bouts of vicious insanity that would make Caligula and Nero proud.   

DisturbedPervert

Suikoden V is probably my favorite RPG ever.  The story is just that good.

Razgovory

Been playing the Witcher.  It has something of a slow and uninteresting start.  Mostly I kill these bandits who have overrun this castle I apparently live in.  Though it's a dump.  I seem to be playing the polish version of Elric (who I didn't care for in the first place).  Also the game is Polish which explains why the guy has this weird shaped face like Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Quote from: Alatriste on October 26, 2009, 03:38:19 AM
Starting Suikoden V. As a game it seems far too easy (I wonder if I can lose a fight without actually trying to lose) but the story is really interesting for a change and lacks any Manichean division in black hearted villains and shiny spotless paladins. Some of your allies are truly a bunch of despicable weasels, and your own mother the Queen is prone to bouts of vicious insanity that would make Caligula and Nero proud.

It'll come.:ph34r:
Winner of THE grumbler point.