News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2009, 03:38:39 AM
Far Cry 2 has annoying features. Travelling is a chore: "wait, roadblock coming up ahead. I have already cleared it 5 times but here we go again. Zzzzz. Oh right, my ride got busted up again of course. I'm out driving in a big car with a heavy MG and I meet some lone guy in a pathetic unarmed car and he immediately goes fucking kamikaze banzai on me, wtf for? Oh I'm out in the middle of fucking nowhere and a retard with a gun starts sniping at me for no apparent reason"

That game could have been great if they put a little more effort in the design.  Instead it's just annoying and fairly unsatisfying.  What's a great is you meet guys in jeeps with grenade launchers who blow themselves up when they chase.  Still the game is very disappointing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

OMG! There is a very neat looking Alpha Centauri mod for Civ4, called Plantefall. It appears that they made major additions to the original concept using the capabilities of Civ4, including lots of resources and stuff. I have just started playing but I am really excited about it.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2009, 09:20:54 AM
OMG! There is a very neat looking Alpha Centauri mod for Civ4, called Plantefall. It appears that they made major additions to the original concept using the capabilities of Civ4, including lots of resources and stuff. I have just started playing but I am really excited about it.

no terraforming though I assume

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 11, 2009, 10:58:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2009, 09:20:54 AM

no terraforming though I assume

No raising/lowering mountains, yeah, but otherwise everything seems to be here, plus more.

sbr

Quote from: Lucidor on October 11, 2009, 03:39:21 AM
Playing Jade Empire for the first time. I hooked up my PS3 controller and it more or less works as intended. You need those extra buttons for the attacks and counters.

I just started replaying that last night on my Xbox.  I got about halfway and quit when it came out, which is pretty standard for me.  Hoping to finish it this time.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: The Brain on October 10, 2009, 03:38:39 AM
Far Cry 2 has annoying features. Travelling is a chore: "wait, roadblock coming up ahead. I have already cleared it 5 times but here we go again. Zzzzz. Oh right, my ride got busted up again of course. I'm out driving in a big car with a heavy MG and I meet some lone guy in a pathetic unarmed car and he immediately goes fucking kamikaze banzai on me, wtf for? Oh I'm out in the middle of fucking nowhere and a retard with a gun starts sniping at me for no apparent reason"

I hate that aspect in so many games. I want to do cool stuff in a game, not the same "jump" training over and over.
:p

Korea

Quote from: Lucidor on October 11, 2009, 03:39:21 AM
Playing Jade Empire for the first time. I hooked up my PS3 controller and it more or less works as intended. You need those extra buttons for the attacks and counters.

How are you liking it?
I want my mother fucking points!

Razgovory

Been playing this weird Russian game that works poorly and has glacial pacing.  Though it does take place in the North Pole so it sorta works.  It takes place on a Nuclear icebreaker that has been damaged.  The year is either 1981 or 1968 It's not clear on that.  All I know is that place is full of crazy demonic Russian sailors and I have this weird psychic ability that activates when I touche a corpse.  I get to play as the dead person and find a way not to make the same mistake he did in life which some how saves his life and makes his body vanish.  For the most part I have no idea what is going on.  No idea who I am or why I'm on a boat.  It's a really weird game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 03:32:44 AM
Been playing this weird Russian game
Mistake.  Have fun with whatever malware they installed on your machine.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I've stopped BG2 at around the same point I stop at all times before...weird.

Started Persona 3. A good J-RPG. First time I've played PS2 for a long long time.
Also playing Guitar Hero on and off- it IS good for hand strength and coordination.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2009, 07:57:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 03:32:44 AM
Been playing this weird Russian game
Mistake.  Have fun with whatever malware they installed on your machine.

It was on Steam so it should be safe.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Warning to anyone who buys NWN2 and Storm of Zehir expansion pack.  I recently bought these and spent several hours playing each.  The expansion pack BREAKS the original campaign because of a bug, unless you download 400 megs of patches before you play, your game in the original campaign is lost once you hit the tavern in Neverwinter.  I lost several hours of game time because Obsidian was too lazy to test their expansion with the original game.  I don't understand how shit like this can get out the door.   :mad:

Ed Anger

Played Rome at War: Queen of the Celts the scenario of Boudicca vs. Governor Paulinus today.

Nearly got my ass handed to me under a wave of Chariots and Tribal infantry. Luckily, superior Roman cohorts overcame that.

Fucking chicks have no place in battle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

World War II FPS gamers are such fucking hypocrites.

JonBenetRamsey: Hey guys.
Zyklon_CandyMan: Dude, that screen name is so fucking inappropriate.
WaffenSS: YEAH BOOT HIM
JonBenetRamsey: You're kidding me, right?
EZBakeJew: Yeah that name is so wrong you fucking looser.
JonBenetRamsey:  That's OK, I'm with the angels now.
*Zyklon_CandyMan has initiated a vote to kick JonBenetRamsey*
JonBenetRamsey: Eat my dead toddler panties, you hypocritical Holocaust fucks
*JonBenetRamsey has been kicked from the server*