News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

For whatever reason I tried to play som KOTOR. But the incredibly poorly designed intro location made me angry. Again. Just like in 2003. And I don't have the energy to get past the rage a second time. What were they thinking?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Quote from: The Brain on September 14, 2009, 02:39:58 PM
For whatever reason I tried to play som KOTOR. But the incredibly poorly designed intro location made me angry. Again. Just like in 2003. And I don't have the energy to get past the rage a second time. What were they thinking?

We don't want impatient MORONS playing our game.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 13, 2009, 11:23:11 PM
Beatles Rock Band  :Embarrass:

Need to play that Sturmovik demo on 360.  Looks like there's another console WWII flight game out as well.
Console flight sim?  What, are you retarded or something?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

He didn't say sim. Maybe he wants to play an Arcade game?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

I picked up a neat puzzle/adventure game called Braid off of Steam. On sale for only $5, and well worth that.

It's a rather innovative game where you can rewind time. The puzzles are clever, and the gimmick makes typical adventure game obstacles much less annoying (miss a jump? just rewind and try again!)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

:yes:  It was a fun game and worth the purchase price when I picked it up a few months ago.  The plot line wasn't bad, either, though it has a few interpretations.  The twist was certainly interesting.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Started a new game as the Duke of Slavonia in CK, I tried before and had a fun game before something happened to the save.

The Duke of Slavonia is part of the Kingdom of Croatia; he starts of 35+ years old without an heir, and sandwiched between the Kingdoms of Germany, Hungary and the Byzantium Empire.  It is a nice tightrope between large but splinter-y Kingdoms.

BVN

Quote from: The Brain on September 13, 2009, 04:04:10 PM
Played Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan. Had never played Carcassonne before (but I have been there) and Settlers only once when it was new. I am not a huge Eurogame fan but they were definitely allright. Their success seems to be well deserved.
I'm not really a fan of Settlers of Catan, but playing Carcassonne is always great fun.

The Brain

Buddies are having me download DDO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on September 15, 2009, 12:49:52 PM

It does not look to be bad. :) The couple of quests I have been on so far have been qutie well-made. They clearly tried to recreate the tabletop D&D experience in an MMO setting/interface.

Zoupa

Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2009, 01:31:03 PM

It does not look to be bad. :) The couple of quests I have been on so far have been qutie well-made. They clearly tried to recreate the tabletop D&D experience in an MMO setting/interface.

I downloaded it and rolled a dorf cleric. I gave him 16 str and he still can't hit anything, wtf.

Vise

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.  Pretty good.  Albeit very similiar to the first one.
Honey badger don't give a shit!

Syt

I have quit Front Office Football (and therefore the Languish Football League) for now.

While I do appreciate the game's depth and play options it does nothing at all for immersion.

I love text based sims, like TEW2008 or OOTP or footie managers. I find, though, that player pictures, news stories and data presented in a way that you get what info you need in two or three glances at most add a great bit to "getting into it" which no football sim really seems to have.

So I'm back to playing the 1970 Pirates in OOTP. I finally found a balance between detail and moving ahead in the game - I take care of all the off the field issues (contracts, line-ups, depth charts, strategy ... ) and leave the in game decisions to the bench staff - simming the game in one pitch mode, i.e. only the final play of each at bat is shown. It's immersive and detailed, but a match hardly ever takes longer than 5 or 10 minutes (if you go pitch by pitch and manage everything yourself it can easily be half an hour to hour for a game).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2009, 01:31:03 PM

You mean 'Search for it, kill it, take its stuff, hoard XP, repeat _ad_ _nauseam_'? Or have they truly achieved the Holy Grail and faithfully recreated endless arguments over alignment, obnoxious min-maxing murdering munchkins and bitter elf-dwarf rows over alleged sexual behaviour or lack of the same?

Tamas

Well, the very first lvl1 dungeon I soloed after the tutorial featured a crypt where some lizardmen folks were busy creating undead. You had to bash 3 altars at the 3 ends of the (smallish) dungeon, retrieve 3 different gems from them, and put those into their sockets at the 4th end where they deactivated a magic wall blocking your entrance to the main altar.

This is far superior in complexity to any beginner's stuff in other MMOs.