Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 10:05:59 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2013, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
Finished BioShock Infinite. Awesome in so many ways, but I cannot say much about it as a game since I played on Easy just for the content. I'm not much into SP FPS generally.

The black girl leading the Irish worker's revolution reminds me of CdM.

The rich deserve to die, sucka.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2013, 06:16:25 PM
Quote from: Scipio on July 08, 2013, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
I wasn't exactly clear why there were blacks in Bioshock infinite.  If the people hated them so much, why did they let them in?
You need a labor force.

You could find a white labor force.  I mean, lots of places had white laborers.

One of the Voxophones explains it.  Apparently they procured a bunch of black convicts (?) from Georgia who could provide ultra-cheap labor.  I get the feeling that the Founders were perfectly okay with blacks as long as they were kept in their place and didn't mix with the whites.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Playing a lot of Knights of Pen & Paper lately. Good stuff. Good sense of humor.
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

I've started playing FTL again. Has anyone ever finished it?
I came so close once, wiped out the whole crew, but then the fecking AI took over and he was tougher than the crew :o
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

I'm bored!  been modding CKII for moths and I'm getting tired of it.  Haven't logged in to Guild Wars 2 in ages - nor to Uncharted Waters.  Is there anything new out there?  I saw the trailer for a Game of Thrones RPG ( http://www.gameofthrones-thegame.com/#/intro ) but it's not ready yet.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Quote from: Grallon on July 10, 2013, 01:03:33 PM
I saw the trailer for a Game of Thrones RPG ( http://www.gameofthrones-thegame.com/#/intro ) but it's not ready yet.

:huh:  That game's been out for some time now.  It was panned by most critics.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

Quote from: Tyr on July 10, 2013, 05:23:22 AM
I've started playing FTL again. Has anyone ever finished it?

Not yet, no. I've had some glorious failures though.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Crysis 2 is really... boring.  I like shooters even linear ones, but this one is really kinda dull.  So far the highlight is has been a scripting error when to Helicopters are suppose to fly overhead except one crashed into the Brooklyn Bridge.  That was at least funny.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

I just realized I haven't played a single game during the last 6 months. Not once. That probably hasn't happened since the '80s.  :cry:

CountDeMoney

The boys at Brizzard Entertainment are starting to ramp up the noise. Oh noes!

QuoteDear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 4:27  on july 09th form the 125.87.108.* range, but our system shows the 125.10.151.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.104.* IP range has been blacklisted.

We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, visit click:

www.keystrokeloggerusedtogetyourpasswordthankyouverymuch.com

website fill out some information to facilitate our investigation.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2013

crazy canuck

WoW has revived the SAS to go after account hacking.  I am impressed.

Razgovory

Crysis picks up in the last third of the game.  Still there are annoyances like lack of autosave and really screwy field of vision.   Fortunately You can fix that last part.  Game plays like a cross between Half-life 2 and Call of Duty but isn't as entertaining as either. Fatally it's also really stupid.  You do get to trash garbon's home, but that's hardly enough to make a game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

FunkMonk

Playing Wargame: Airland Battle and Civilization 5 pretty much exclusively for the past couple of weeks. The Brave New World DLC is tipping the scales in favor of Civ5 right now, but W:ALB is still tons of fun and gets its time.

The nerds over at Three Moves Ahead talk about W:ALB here: http://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/wargame-see-deep-think-deeper
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

garbon

Been playing Tomb Raider. Liking the atmosphere so far as it does feel kinda creepy. Really does seem though like a big party of the game is watching Lara die horrific deaths. :D

Also, I hadn't realized this was like a reboot/early Lara as I was like why is she so not badass. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.