Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

Started by jimmy olsen, February 05, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So am I reading this correctly--  Hans is arguing in favor of an Obama policy & Minsky against it?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
So am I reading this correctly--  Hans is arguing in favor of an Obama policy & Minsky against it?
Seems consistent with their usual positions. It's probably the policy that is unusual.

derspiess

Quote from: Zanza on February 15, 2013, 03:40:27 PM
Seems consistent with their usual positions. It's probably the policy that is unusual.

Don't ruin the moment.  Yeah, we know why solar eclipses happen but it doesn't mean we should ignore them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 15, 2013, 01:06:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 12:49:30 PM
HANS SUPPORTS OBAMA.

:D

As I've said in the past I'm an ideologue, not a partisan hack, unlike most of the posters here.

I'm a partisan hack.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Minsky Moment

There are strong continuities between the post-Rumsfeld Bush administration security policy and the Obama policy.  I am not really arguing against either per se, in part because I don't really know exactly what the policy is - i.e. what criteria is being used to select targets and what safeguards are in place.  It does make me uneasy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson