News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Gay Legal Rulings Thread

Started by The Minsky Moment, February 04, 2013, 11:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Hey Malt, here are the people in pink against gay marriage. I feel like your statement also applies.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

See, this is why my gay-dar doesn't work in Europe. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

In the spirit of this thread which is to prevent mulitple Marti threads, I present to you the first openly gay NBA player.

QuoteJason Collins, a centre in the National Basketball Association, is standing up as the first openly gay man from a major American professional team.

Collins is a 12-year NBA veteran, currently a free agent who most recently played for the Washington Wizards. He has played for six pro teams and appeared in two NBA Finals. Coming out in an article he penned for a May 6 issue of Sports Illustrated, Collins writes "I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay."

The Brain

Surely coming out as black is a bigger deal?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I just finished reading that article and came to see of anyone had posted it.

Good for him. 

crazy canuck

Well that didnt take long.  Some NBA analyst apparently took offence to Collins claiming to be both gay and a christian.  Not sure what that has to do with the NBA but there you go.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2013, 10:57:29 AM
Hey Malt, here are the people in pink against gay marriage. I feel like your statement also applies.

So that is what happened to Dexy's Midnight Runners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

:yeah:  :punk:

Quote(Reuters) - Minnesota's Senate on Monday approved a bill that would make Minnesota the 12th U.S. state to allow same-sex couples to marry and only the second in the Midwest, advancing it to the governor, who said he would sign it on Tuesday.

garbon

11B - see above. This is how it's done. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

How many states will it take before the Feds will make it law? I mean, I assume that's kind of what they're waiting on.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2013, 09:53:34 AM
How many states will it take before the Feds will make it law? I mean, I assume that's kind of what they're waiting on.

It's more likely to require a solid majority in the House and 60+ votes in the senate, no matter what happens in the state houses.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 14, 2013, 09:53:34 AM

However many states it takes for the Republicans to flip to being pro.  I doubt anything will happen while one of the two parties opposes.

The Democrats may not technically be in favor of it, because they are so damn wimpy about everything, but you know...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2013, 10:57:29 AM

Gay marriage has no hope of success when such stalwarts of straightness as these fine fellows stand ready to oppose it.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

They all look like James Franco, to boot. The guy on the right is kinda cute, though.