News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The new mark of beauty - The Thigh Gap

Started by crazy canuck, February 06, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on February 07, 2013, 09:43:08 AM
Perhaps you should read all of my posts before you decide that I'm "spiteful" or projecting, dimwit.

LaCroix doesn't like reading - he just likes to vent his opinions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on February 07, 2013, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 07, 2013, 09:45:26 AM
Back in the kitchen sugartits!

Why? Did you make me a sammich? :mmm:

You'll get American cheese smothered in 6 month old miracle whip and like it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on February 07, 2013, 09:43:08 AMTalk about projecting.  :rolleyes:

The article posted spoke of girls starving themselves to get said gap. It wasn't about them getting healthy to have a gap. No, it was about them starving themselves. That's an issue for anyone, regardless of who they are or why they're doing it.

Perhaps you should read all of my posts before you decide that I'm "spiteful" or projecting, dimwit.

but i'm not projecting..

the article in question quotes, which i assume you refer to as "starving themselves" (though i only skimmed it, as is languish tradition, you realize)

Quote"Websites promoting the desired thigh gap show thousands of images dedicated to the achievement of losing weight until they have a space between their thighs,"

for your own sake, i even control + f'd "starving" ... i did not find anything. i assume you mean this quote? this is not, as you say, girls starving themselves. this was an assumption on your part, that they are ... "starving" themselves to reach this point. in reality, it means they are losing weight until they reach this point.

you are not, unless i have missed an incredible revelation, a physician who has studied these girls and made a professional opinion that they are, indeed, literally starving their bodies - which, as i'm sure you know quite well enough, is subjective enough that such generalizing statements might be baseless. right?

derspiess

I don't think you are, but a whole lot of women who say similar things definitely are.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on February 07, 2013, 09:56:04 AM

I don't think you are, but a whole lot of women who say similar things definitely are.

Say what? That there are a variety of different ways to be beautiful? Or that it's a genetic thing? Or that as a genetic thing, the only way that some women can get a thigh gap is by starving themselves, which isn't healthy?

I'm struggling to see where I said anything off base at all. Basically, I've said that there's nothing wrong with guys who find this attractive. That there are a lot of beautiful women, some of whom have a thigh gap. And that those who are trying to get a thigh gap and aren't genetically predisposed to having one shouldn't starve themselves to try to make it happen.

Which part is problematic?

Edit: Oh, was it the part where I said that there's a problem when women perceive only one kind of beauty and don't see the beauty in themselves? I understand that a lot of people (re: men) don't like it when women say that, so I'm guessing that's the part that's the problem.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

IMO, unless you're Asian and thus you're just built that way genetically, thigh gap is quite unattractive.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on February 07, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
I'm struggling to see where I said anything off base at all. Basically, I've said that there's nothing wrong with guys who find this attractive. That there are a lot of beautiful women, some of whom have a thigh gap. And that those who are trying to get a thigh gap and aren't genetically predisposed to having one shouldn't starve themselves to try to make it happen.

Relax, sweetcheeks.  I wasn't busting on you.  I'm just saying a lot of *similar*-sounding statements by women are just thinly-veiled jealous rants meant to take down skinny/pretty chicks.

I myself can appreciate a nice-looking fuller figured woman.  If they can wear the weight well, some women actually look better that way.  But frankly in these days where obesity is such a rampant health problem, I have no problem with women starving themselves to look thin (as long as it's not the Auschwitz-type look).  If you're going to err on one side, I say go the skinny route.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I had to google the term, like everyone else. Some of the picture were really hot but I'm not into crazy skinny chick.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.