And we're back!

Main Menu

Stronghold Kingdoms

Started by Bluebook, February 03, 2013, 05:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebook

No thread about this game yet?

http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/

Persistant 24/7 world with thousands of players online. It is a mix of age of empires and castle building set in medieval UK/Ireland. You start of with a small village, build your castle, build various buildings for your peasants to work at, advance through the ranks, send out armies to attack other players etc. Really addictive. I started out yesterday and Im hooked.

If you want to join, Im on server 6. My village is in Cork on Ireland.

mongers

Quote from: Bluebook on February 03, 2013, 05:03:16 AM
No thread about this game yet?

http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/

Persistant 24/7 world with thousands of players online. It is a mix of age of empires and castle building set in medieval UK/Ireland. You start of with a small village, build your castle, build various buildings for your peasants to work at, advance through the ranks, send out armies to attack other players etc. Really addictive. I started out yesterday and Im hooked.

If you want to join, Im on server 6. My village is in Cork on Ireland.

There's been a couple of threads about this, I gave it a go, Crazy Canuck was big on this recently.

edit:
here you go:
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=7474.45
worryingly thats the top google result is you search for:
"languish stronghold kingdoms"
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Bluebook

crazy canuck

Yeah, I have had some great fun with this game.  Very addictive.  I am now a Crown Prince in one of the top factions in the game which belongs to the strongest House in the game - world 5.  We control Ireland, Wales, England and after being attacked by the Scots we are about to take that too.

The downside of all this success is that we are going to be entering the Second Age reset in a couple months.  I am not thrilled with the mechanics of that reset so I will probably restart on a new world in the next while.

Berkut

I enjoyed the game for a while, but like all those browser based games, I was never able to get enmeshed enough into the alliance structures for it to actually interest me in the long run.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 04, 2013, 01:54:04 PM
I enjoyed the game for a while, but like all those browser based games, I was never able to get enmeshed enough into the alliance structures for it to actually interest me in the long run.

Its hard to get involved in the diplomatic social part of the game when you never actually talk to anyone  :P

crazy canuck

I started a new world using the new Spanish map.  Almost all the players are Euros and I am finding that google translate isnt all that good for this sort of thing.  But the most interesting difference is how the much where someone is from effects game play.  On the British map there are lots of Americans, Aussies, Canadians and even the odd Brit.  They all mix and match and fight eachother.  But on the Spanish map there are definite national divides.  The German and Spanish players hate the French players.  As a result the House dominated by French players has been decimated.

As one Spanish player put it to me in google translate - "I am Spanish, he is French, so I hate him".

That kind of animosity surprised me.  Is this an odd subset of people or is this feeling reflective in wider society?

btw Berk, this is a good world for you as you have a built in excuse not to talk to anyone.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2013, 06:27:02 PM
As one Spanish player put it to me in google translate - "I am Spanish, he is French, so I hate him".

Come on guys it has been over 200 years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

btw Berk, this is a good world for you as you have a built in excuse not to talk to anyone.

Where is this coming from? I talk to people plenty in MP games. Hell, I think most people wish I would STFU.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2013, 10:58:11 PM

Where is this coming from? I talk to people plenty in MP games. Hell, I think most people wish I would STFU.

:yes:

:P

I may be interested in giving it a short languish go?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2013, 10:58:11 PM

Who are you and what have you done to the real Berkut?